Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excess Baggage & Australian Customs

Excess Baggage & Australian Customs

Old Dec 21st 2005, 6:58 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excess Baggage & Australian Customs

I used an excess baggage company on my return to UK from OZ, wondering if the rules are stricter regarding "cleaning" my things to send back to Australia.

I read posts from those sending containers saying they are disinfecting their worldly goods before packing, are they as strict with excess baggage? I am thinking daft stuff such as bottoms of walking boots, etc.

Any advice is appreciated.

MMum
Old Dec 21st 2005, 6:59 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Excess Baggage & Australian Customs

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
I used an excess baggage company on my return to UK from OZ, wondering if the rules are stricter regarding "cleaning" my things to send back to Australia.

I read posts from those sending containers saying they are disinfecting their worldly goods before packing, are they as strict with excess baggage? I am thinking daft stuff such as bottoms of walking boots, etc.

MMum
Does this mean that you are decided and you are going back now I truly hope you find what will make you happy
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Does this mean that you are decided and you are going back now I truly hope you find what will make you happy
Sort of agreed for 2007 but see how it goes Just getting all our options together.

I am actually really content at the moment, had a bumpy few weeks with the turn of winter here in the UK but as advised just embraced it and really enjoying the run up to Chrissy, in fact, looking forward to it more this year my 2nd year back than last year

Thx for k, tried to send back but I need to spread around
Old Dec 21st 2005, 7:40 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum

MMum
Its not any different, customs and quarantine are the same. Its certainly not stupid to clean the bottom of walking boots - thats one item they like to pay attention to since they can usually have a bit of mud and dirt on them.

Dont go overboard, just make sure that everything is free from any dirt or mud
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
Its not any different, customs and quarantine are the same. Its certainly not stupid to clean the bottom of walking boots - thats one item they like to pay attention to since they can usually have a bit of mud and dirt on them.

Dont go overboard, just make sure that everything is free from any dirt or mud
Thanks for taking the time to post, much appreciated