Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excellent Informantion

Excellent Informantion

Old Aug 14th 2003, 4:54 am
Just Joined

annyl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excellent Informantion

I've been reading the messages on this site for months now, without posting, but I thought some of you would be interested to know about a really informative book thats just been released.

It's called The Real Estate Rookie by Teresa Wainwright and I bought mine by post from the Australian Consumers Association website, although I've also seen it in local bookshops today.

It's actually a guide for property investors (which is what I bought it for) but it has got loads and loads of practical info in it about buying homes in Australia.

In case you are interested, here's the link www.choice.com.au
Old Aug 14th 2003, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Another couple of good books:

"Don't Sign Anything" and "Real Estate Mistakes" by Neil Jenman. He's a top property writer, ex-estate agent with a chain of estate agents that use his reputable methods now. Great reads with lots of inside tips on the whole process. Definitely worth reading before attempting to buy - especially at auction. Available at bookshops in Oz.
Old Aug 14th 2003, 8:41 pm

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of
Default Re: Excellent Informantion

Originally posted by annyl
I've been reading the messages on this site for months now, without posting, but I thought some of you would be interested to know about a really informative book thats just been released.

It's called The Real Estate Rookie by Teresa Wainwright and I bought mine by post from the Australian Consumers Association website, although I've also seen it in local bookshops today.

It's actually a guide for property investors (which is what I bought it for) but it has got loads and loads of practical info in it about buying homes in Australia.

In case you are interested, here's the link www.choice.com.au

Looks like the UK's 'which'
Old Aug 15th 2003, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Yes, I can confirm that Choice is the equivalent of Which. I subscribe to their mag, that's how I heard about The Real Estate Rookie as it's on their website. Has anyone else read it, I think it's quite new on the market and I'd like to know what others think.
Old Aug 18th 2003, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

bippety is an unknown quantity at this point

annyl, I bought this book at the weekend, after seeing your post. I agree it's really good, I felt like running out and buying a property after I'd read the first couple of chapters! bippety
Old Aug 18th 2003, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Do you think you can buy it in England or is it just available in Aus?
Old Aug 19th 2003, 4:36 am
Just Joined

You can order online from www.choice.com.au they will post to the UK.