Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excellent flight company

Excellent flight company

Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

james the cat will become famous soon enoughjames the cat will become famous soon enough
Default Excellent flight company

After much searching I found a company called global village who were able to give me immediate quotes for one way flights to oz. I found them to be good value, knowledgable and most importantly they gave me qoutes for all of the different stop-overs I was considering. I was also able to change my itinerary after I had booked without any problems. They do business over the phone tel: 0870 442 4850. And no I don't work for them, I just thought it would help as it took us a long time to find the right travel agents.

Hope someone finds this useful.

James and Cat
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

cybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant futurecybie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Excellent flight company

Originally Posted by james the cat
After much searching I found a company called global village who were able to give me immediate quotes for one way flights to oz. I found them to be good value, knowledgable and most importantly they gave me qoutes for all of the different stop-overs I was considering. I was also able to change my itinerary after I had booked without any problems. They do business over the phone tel: 0870 442 4850. And no I don't work for them, I just thought it would help as it took us a long time to find the right travel agents.

James and Cat
What baggage allowance did you get with them? Do you have the option to have double allowance?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 3:57 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by james the cat

James and Cat
Do they have a website? Who are you flying with and when and if you don't mind me asking how much did they quote you?

Thanks.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

james the cat will become famous soon enoughjames the cat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cybie
What baggage allowance did you get with them? Do you have the option to have double allowance?
It depends what route you take, but they know about each airlines baggage allowances and if there is a way around it, for example they said if I join the airlines frequent flyer club (which is free), they will give you an extra 12kg. Generally if you go via USA you get loads of baggage allowance.
We chose singapore airlines which only gives you 20kg which is enough for us as we are travelling first and don't want to be lugging loads of stuff with us. Also they are supposed to be the best economy airline.
I have been speaking to Sanjay and he seems to know all of the baggage allowances for individual airlines of the top of his head.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elksa
Do they have a website? Who are you flying with and when and if you don't mind me asking how much did they quote you?

Thanks.
it's www.globalvillage-travel.com , but i have done it over the phone as it is easier and quicker as you can ask all of the questions you will invariably have.
I'm flying with singapore airlines it's £439+£111 tax £550 in total. They also organised my stop-over accomodation in Singapore (£15 a night each). I originally booked my flight to Sydney which was about £30 cheaper than Brisbane.