Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

An Excellent Christmas Pressie idea!

An Excellent Christmas Pressie idea!

Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:37 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute
Default An Excellent Christmas Pressie idea!

I can't take all the credit for this one, it was a fellow BE member who first suggested it on this site and we have used it all year for a number of presents.

It's called www.photobox.co.uk
Basically you up-load photographs onto the site and arrange them into an album called a 'Style Book'. There are around 4 different style from romantic to contemporary. They're around £15.00 to £20.00 depending on the typr of book you choose.

Once you have put the photographs into the pages of the style book, (you get to choose the format of each page) there are text boxes to write a little story about the pictures.

This is the second year we have sent the style books back to the UK. Last year a rellie bought one out to Oz for us to see.... they are really good! The quality is amazing, more like reading a magazine.

They just had a buy-one-get-one-free promotion and so we have already done them for this year and they were dispatched today to my sister who'll keep it safe for the big day.

It does take a bit of patience to up load and organise, but the results are worth it.

Cheers
Neil.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:49 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An Excellent Christmas Pressie idea!

love the idea, have zillions of photos so guess what I'll be doing this weekend?
Old Nov 6th 2007, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

Snapfish do these too, recently they had a promotional code where you could get the books for just the postage so grabbed me a couple for $10.

The UK version has some promotional codes to do the same every so often so its worth checking moneysavingexpert or some of the voucher sites and you could save a few bob.

We were thinking of doing one of these books for the grandparents.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

www.foto.com do this do and their really cheap. Never thought of giving them as xmas pressies though. Nice tip.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

nikedge is an unknown quantity at this point

We do ours through Truprint (www.truprint.co.uk) and yes they are great just finishing off one for the last 12 months and due to the amount of photos in it i'm up to 48 quid with a few more still to add. Its worth it

Nikki
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Ta for that, really good idea.
Think that's what we'll be doing for pressies this year

Sam
Old Nov 6th 2007, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Halo has a spectacular aura aboutHalo has a spectacular aura aboutHalo has a spectacular aura about

Theres a 3 for 2 offer on these at Photobox at the moment.
Offer code: CC342GIFTS
Ends: Midnight 15th November
Old Nov 6th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Photobox many times before leaving the UK and I have to say they have always been excellent.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleb2003
Snapfish do these too, recently they had a promotional code where you could get the books for just the postage so grabbed me a couple for $10.
Yep, got me the "free" snapfish one, very impressive

Beware ordering their photo cards though, I expected a proper card but it's just basically a long photo.....
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
I can't take all the credit for this one, it was a fellow BE member who first suggested it on this site and we have used it all year for a number of presents.

Basically you up-load photographs onto the site and arrange them into an album called a 'Style Book'. There are around 4 different style from romantic to contemporary. They're around £15.00 to £20.00 depending on the typr of book you choose.

Once you have put the photographs into the pages of the style book, (you get to choose the format of each page) there are text boxes to write a little story about the pictures.

This is the second year we have sent the style books back to the UK. Last year a rellie bought one out to Oz for us to see.... they are really good! The quality is amazing, more like reading a magazine.

They just had a buy-one-get-one-free promotion and so we have already done them for this year and they were dispatched today to my sister who'll keep it safe for the big day.

It does take a bit of patience to up load and organise, but the results are worth it.

Cheers
Neil.
Yeah, great idea, we have done calanders for the family for the last two years, the advantage of this is they have to look at your face every day
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:05 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Got some drinks mats from there with the kids on for my gran and she loved them

Originally Posted by h2oskineil

Cheers
Neil.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

DCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really niceDCI Gene Hunt is just really nice

Wow, thanks for sharing that...I would never have thought of using a service like that. I'm gonna order one full of pictures of my son for his grandmother.