Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Example of Oz CV!!!

Example of Oz CV!!!

Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

leejo is on a distinguished road
Default Example of Oz CV!!!

Getting ready for the big move. Collecting references from present and previous employees, etc.

Does anyone know of a site which gives examples of Oz CV's?

Profession: Primary Teacher!!

Cheers

Lee
Old Feb 10th 2004, 7:41 am
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Example of Oz CV!!!

Originally posted by leejo
Getting ready for the big move. Collecting references from present and previous employees, etc.

Cheers

Lee
I don't know of any sites but understand that you need to head it RESUME not cv and list work experience/jobs with most recent info first.
Good luck
Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Example of Oz CV!!!

Originally posted by leejo

Cheers

Lee

Try these -

www.resume.net.au/
www.libjobs.com.au/job_seekers/resumes/

Regards

Scot

Old Feb 10th 2004, 8:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

If you try some of the jobhunting sites, like www.seek.com.au they will help you to construct an online resume - and you can then use the format for your own.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:46 am
Merlot

Default Bad Resume's

I could give you over 300 hard copies of BAD resumes and covering letters but privacy laws don't let me.

My job is up for grabs, we advertised (PA postion) and the quality is just appauling to say the least - spelling, grammar, etc (please no comments about my post, off duty at the mo!).

I am going the other way and done a lot of searching on UK sites, got some great advice.

Good luck
Merlot

Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Leejo,

how did your trip to Cairns go? Have you decided where you're going to settle?
Old Feb 11th 2004, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

leejo is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hi Leejo,

how did your trip to Cairns go? Have you decided where you're going to settle?
HI steandleigh

We didn't go at Christmas. Decided to save the money and go permenantly in April. We fly out on the 30th March arrive on the 3rd April. Staying at Palm Cove.

Cheers

Lee
Old Feb 11th 2004, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Boo!!! Oh well, you'll be there soon enough!

Have you seen this site:

www.cairns.qld.gov.au

Old Feb 11th 2004, 11:00 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know your job role (sorry just read you said teacher) - but find an aussie in the same profession and get them to read it. Simple tip but one we did not do for husbands print job and he kept using the term minder (short for machine minder, understood in the UK) first time we changed it to printer (after 20 months) he got an interview!

Make sure of course the format is ok, but check the local terminology for course and trainind experience, not all agencies do this and it can make the difference for easy reading.

Best of Luck

Last edited by Sandra; Feb 11th 2004 at 11:02 am.
Old Feb 11th 2004, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud ofAHamm has much to be proud of

I did my CV/Resume pretty much as I would have done at home and got the first job I interviewed for. I think as long as it reads well it's acceptable.

The one tip I was given, and by more than one person, is that employers here like a long CV with lots of detail. No keeping it down to two pages max. Mine was six pages and the agencies all said it was good.

Hope that helps

Anne
Old Feb 12th 2004, 1:42 am
Badge

yes, long is not an issue over here.

I was wary about underlining corporates and blue chips as I didn't want to come across as a tall poppy and alienate smaller firms, but no matter.

Badge