Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exam Equivalents

Exam Equivalents

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:08 am
Just Joined

AndyAndy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exam Equivalents

I am a member of the Assocation of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and have a BTEC General Certificate in Business Studies, plus a GCSE, some O Levels and CSE's and my wife has O Levels, CSE's and loads of RSA qualifications.

Is there an Australian equivalent to these?

Would be helpful I guess for both CV's and relating to wording in job vacancies.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exam Equivalents

Originally Posted by AndyAndy
I am a member of the Assocation of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and have a BTEC General Certificate in Business Studies, plus a GCSE, some O Levels and CSE's and my wife has O Levels, CSE's and loads of RSA qualifications.

Is there an Australian equivalent to these?
Have you already got permission to migrate or will you need to use these qualifications?

The AAT now operates in Australia, I believe in conjunction with the National Institute of Accountants:
http://www.aat.org.au

You probably should get your AAT qualification, and your wife's BTEC certificate, assessed by Vetassess to give a general comparison to an Australian qualification.

O Levels and CSEs are secondary qualifications, don't worry about those. I'm not sure what RSA is, if they are post-secondary academic courses (as opposed to certificates for a course lasting a few days) then maybe Vetassess will look at them, otherwise most likely not.
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 11:05 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Aren't RSA's shorthand and typing qualifications?

Sass

Originally Posted by JAJ
Have you already got permission to migrate or will you need to use these qualifications?

The AAT now operates in Australia, I believe in conjunction with the National Institute of Accountants:
http://www.aat.org.au

You probably should get your AAT qualification, and your wife's BTEC certificate, assessed by Vetassess to give a general comparison to an Australian qualification.

O Levels and CSEs are secondary qualifications, don't worry about those. I'm not sure what RSA is, if they are post-secondary academic courses (as opposed to certificates for a course lasting a few days) then maybe Vetassess will look at them, otherwise most likely not.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 12:42 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Sass73
Aren't RSA's shorthand and typing qualifications?

Sass
Nope

I got one for Cost Accounting some years ago. Your comment just made me look it up, as I thought one of mine was an RSA.
Looking at it reminded me I got a Distinction for it aswell

Must go and check all the rest now