Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exactly what is the Perth Metropolitan area?

Exactly what is the Perth Metropolitan area?

Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: In the tree across the road, watching you with binoculars.
elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Exactly what is the Perth Metropolitan area?

Please help ! I simply cannot find a definitive map which shows the extent of the official Perth Metropolitan area ( I even have a UBD map which doesn't show it ).

As we are hoping to get out to Aus on a Skill Matching visa 134, we have to live and work outside the Metropolitan area. We want to live in the northern suburbs, ideally around Clarkson/Quinns Rocks/Butler but need to know if they are classed as outside the Perth Metro area.

Any help would be much appreciated. ( As would any advice on how strictly enforced the area of habitation is - I'm quite happy to commute a reasonable distance inland or north, but we really want to live in these northern suburbs )

Thanks in anticipation,

John.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:19 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Exactly what is the Perth Metropolitan area?

Originally Posted by elmtree
Please help ! I simply cannot find a definitive map which shows the extent of the official Perth Metropolitan area ( I even have a UBD map which doesn't show it ).

As we are hoping to get out to Aus on a Skill Matching visa 134, we have to live and work outside the Metropolitan area. We want to live in the northern suburbs, ideally around Clarkson/Quinns Rocks/Butler but need to know if they are classed as outside the Perth Metro area.

Any help would be much appreciated. ( As would any advice on how strictly enforced the area of habitation is - I'm quite happy to commute a reasonable distance inland or north, but we really want to live in these northern suburbs )

Thanks in anticipation,

John.
Try http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/walking/1537.asp

or try typing perth metropolitan area in google and do the search in images instead (just above the search box).

HTH

We heading South Perth in October. Can't wait
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:19 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in anticipation,

John.

Those areas are all within the metro area.

Lynn
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

elmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond reputeelmtree has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger !
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that.

I suspect we are doomed to live in the outback ......

Good luck in October !!

John.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:36 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.

I suspect we are doomed to live in the outback ......

Good luck in October !!

John.
Does the information you have partaining to the visa not give you relevant postcodes? Or ones you can't live in?

Lynn
Old Aug 25th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn,

I've tried to find specific details but all it says on the visa application and on the DIMIA website is 'Regional and Metropolitan areas of low population growth'.

It does, however, exclude the 'Perth Metropolitan Area'

I suppose I'll have to email Perth City Council or someone like that for a definitive map.

Just don't want to LIVE miles away from Perth, as we want to get our daughter settled in school and with friends, etc.

John.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:49 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in anticipation,

John.

I know its not north but Mandurah is not in the metro area and this is probably why its the fastest growing area in OZ. With the train going to it a trip to Perth would be only 45 odd minutes or by car.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:50 am
Breeding little aussies

Lynn,

I've tried to find specific details but all it says on the visa application and on the DIMIA website is 'Regional and Metropolitan areas of low population growth'.

It does, however, exclude the 'Perth Metropolitan Area'

I suppose I'll have to email Perth City Council or someone like that for a definitive map.

Just don't want to LIVE miles away from Perth, as we want to get our daughter settled in school and with friends, etc.

John.
So far as i know Yanchep is metro but Two Rocks may not be. South is possibly a better option, or possiblly inland a bit.

Lynn
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I didn't know that. Thanks.

Never even considered South, but I'll have a look.

( It's expensive, house-wise, isn't it ? )

John
Old Aug 25th 2006, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Lynn.

I'll have a butchers at South and inland.

John
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:28 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

If you are looking at a Skills Matching visa backed by a State Nomination you can live and work in central Perth - this is NOT the Skilled Independent Regional (SIR) visa which requires you to live and work in regional Australia.

Best regards.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi, Alan.

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking at the 134 Skills Matching visa. My nominated profession - office manager - will not, I believe, allow me a state nomination as WA don't have office manager on their 'in demand' list.

Am I barking up the wrong tree ???

John.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:51 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Not necessarily, John.

In principle a Skills Matching visa application allows two pathways:

1. A State Nomination, which would allow you to work anywhere in the Nominating State (regional or metro).

2. An employer sponsorship under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme. This would require you to work in a "regional area" of Australia: http://www.immi.gov.au/employers/rsms_postcodes.htm

The key of course is finding an employer or a State/Territory that wants to nominate you for a visa.

Does this help?

Hi, Alan.

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking at the 134 Skills Matching visa. My nominated profession - office manager - will not, I believe, allow me a state nomination as WA don't have office manager on their 'in demand' list.

Am I barking up the wrong tree ???

John.
Old Aug 25th 2006, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

dedwards is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe this may be the website you are looking for

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...nal-growth.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.