Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exactly what medical history is required for medicals?

Exactly what medical history is required for medicals?

Old Nov 15th 2006, 3:24 pm
Been here since 31.12.06.

off-to-melbourne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exactly what medical history is required for medicals?

I am preparing information for our visas and am not able to open the new medical forms from the DIMA site, so am referring to a question on the old version which asks whether 'any medical, physical, psychological or other treatment in the last 5 years?'

I presume there is a similar question on the one I cannot access.

Am I required to list the date, reason and medication given for all conditions treated by my GP?

I rang my surgery this morning and was told by the receptionist that she had never heard of this and did not know whether I could make my own notes from my own and my children's records, even though I could register with a fingerprint to access mine from inside the waiting room.

We have not any problems which require ongoing treatement, other than my daughter's eczema and my hayfever and I don't want to have to pay for copies of our records.

Can anyone clarify whether I am correct in what is required and that I can access my children's records as well as my own please?

Thanks

Denise
Old Nov 15th 2006, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exactly what medical history is required for medicals?

Originally Posted by off-to-melbourne
I am preparing information for our visas and am not able to open the new medical forms from the DIMA site, so am referring to a question on the old version which asks whether 'any medical, physical, psychological or other treatment in the last 5 years?'

I presume there is a similar question on the one I cannot access.

Am I required to list the date, reason and medication given for all conditions treated by my GP?

I rang my surgery this morning and was told by the receptionist that she had never heard of this and did not know whether I could make my own notes from my own and my children's records, even though I could register with a fingerprint to access mine from inside the waiting room.

We have not any problems which require ongoing treatement, other than my daughter's eczema and my hayfever and I don't want to have to pay for copies of our records.

Can anyone clarify whether I am correct in what is required and that I can access my children's records as well as my own please?

Thanks

Denise

Dont really know, but from a trainee doctor's perspective.... I'd do it from your own memory, not from the notes, unless you have had serious reactions or have ongoing medical conditions.

eg They are unlikely to want to know about topical athletes foot, but will be interested in asthma etc. Even the psoriasis/exzema, Id just list what you could remember.

Yes, you can access your children's records as well as your own. Not hubby's/partner's. They can charge separately for each set of notes.

Good luck

Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not sure if this is the same link you have been trying to get the forms from but this is the link I have been given (the med & radiology forms links are at the bottom of the page which opens) http://www.australia.org.uk/lhlh/health.html

Hope this helps.

Karen
Old Nov 16th 2006, 4:32 am
Been here since 31.12.06.

off-to-melbourne is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to you both.

Five years for three children who have suffered the usual childhood illnesses (oldest age12, youngest, just 9) is a long time to remember precised details, but I will have a go at making a list from memory and will register my fingerprint to access my details and make my own notes for mine.

The link worked, thanks, not sure why I couldn't open from the DIMA site.

Denise
Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheColebecks
I'm not sure if this is the same link you have been trying to get the forms from but this is the link I have been given (the med & radiology forms links are at the bottom of the page which opens) http://www.australia.org.uk/lhlh/health.html

Hope this helps.

Karen
Karen, it does say the following though:

2. You must not use these forms unless you are lodging your application with the Migration Branch in London. If your application is to be processed by an office in Australia, you must wait for their instructions on how to proceed with medicals as their requirements will be different.

http://www.australia.org.uk/lhlh/med_instr.html

Do we know if they are the same though???? could anyone shed any light on the matter??? cheers