Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ex wont let my son take medical - HELP!

Ex wont let my son take medical - HELP!

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

colin_z1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ex wont let my son take medical - HELP!

My medicals are booked for the 8th september 2005 and I was due to take my son with me who is not migrating with me. I have included him on my application as a non migrating applicant. However, my ex partner is refusing to let him take the medical I have booked.Does anyone know if this will affect my application?. Can I still proceed with my medical without it affecting my application. Any info would be appreciated.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:37 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex wont let my son take medical - HELP!

Originally Posted by colin_z1
My medicals are booked for the 8th september 2005 and I was due to take my son with me who is not migrating with me. I have included him on my application as a non migrating applicant. However, my ex partner is refusing to let him take the medical I have booked.Does anyone know if this will affect my application?. Can I still proceed with my medical without it affecting my application. Any info would be appreciated.
Shouldnt think it would matter, but try posting question in Migration forum , may get more accurate responses
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:46 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

ive seen other threads like this before. do as TFA siad and post it on the other forum.
good luck
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:48 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

No useful advice to offer, unfortunately - just wanted to say ' good luck' and I hope you can get it sorted out.

Nicky
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:56 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search on this and in the immigration forum it's come up a few times. From memory if your ex refuses to allow the medical you need to swear an affidavit to that effect. Try not to worry DIMIA see cases like yours all the time.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

Been there and got the t-shirt!!!

My ex would not let the kids have the medical so I asked her to sign a letter to that effect but she refused cos she can so I sent in an affivadit hoping that this would be OK.

When the CO was allocated, after a couple of emails when I explained why I could not get a letter, they said that they wanted her name and address and they would write to her. So I asked her one last time and explained that it was either she needed to right a letter for me or they would write directly to her. Eventually, she agreed to sign it but screwed it up and threw it back at me just for good measure along with a number of expletives!!!

I sent it off to CO with an explanation for its somewhat scruffy state. I emailed the CO about 3 weeks after I had sent it and she confirmed that all was OK and we got the bond request on Saturday!!!! :scared:

Obviously, all case officers are different but that is my story.

Hope this helps and if you need anything else do PM me.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:32 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Dont you have access to your son or something?
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:47 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by andrewb
Been there and got the t-shirt!!!

My ex would not let the kids have the medical so I asked her to sign a letter to that effect but she refused cos she can so I sent in an affivadit hoping that this would be OK.

When the CO was allocated, after a couple of emails when I explained why I could not get a letter, they said that they wanted her name and address and they would write to her. So I asked her one last time and explained that it was either she needed to right a letter for me or they would write directly to her. Eventually, she agreed to sign it but screwed it up and threw it back at me just for good measure along with a number of expletives!!!

I sent it off to CO with an explanation for its somewhat scruffy state. I emailed the CO about 3 weeks after I had sent it and she confirmed that all was OK and we got the bond request on Saturday!!!! :scared:

Obviously, all case officers are different but that is my story.

Hope this helps and if you need anything else do PM me.
That was a really helpful answer for the OP. If I had any karma left I would send you some. I will try and remember tomorrow. Hope you get your visa soon

To the OP - like someone else said, try not to worry too much. Do you have a CO that you can contact? Hopefully they will be sympathetic as it not unusual for these things to happen. Hope you manage to sort things out without too much more hassle.

Anne
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:56 pm
GC family day carer

68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute68MEVY has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Colin,
We had the same problem or atleast my husband did. We got around it and we now have our visas.
Don't worry about it, I have no time right now but I'll PM you either later on tonight or tomorrow with all the details.
Marie
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:59 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you just take him to the medical if you have access?????
We conducted several 'family' things on our access days rather than have to beg for extra!!! especially as 'the old bitch' would have said no!!!!!!!!

Good luck though, we know how hard and dificult things can be!!!!!

Sam (and Alan)
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

I couldn't just take my kids to have something like a medical as they are now 11 & 9 so I couldn't expect them to lie to their mum about what we had done on the day.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:28 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrewb
I couldn't just take my kids to have something like a medical as they are now 11 & 9 so I couldn't expect them to lie to their mum about what we had done on the day.
why do they have to lie after the fact, what can ex do after they have had medical
although i appreciate what your saying, it's always easier when your not invovled to make comments, not always as easy when it's you.

good luck
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

We have the same problem. We have written to her twice asking her to say yes. My other halves ex is a bag! Ever since we said we were thinking of going Australia she has just got in the way. We haven;t seen the kids much and I know what you mean about kids and lies.

Our are 16 and 11 but we only see them when she says, so booking an appointment would be impossible. We are going to get the mother to sign a P*** off to Australia note lol.

Good luck will tell you how we go
lol
Lace x