Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ex-wife nightmare UPDATE!!

Ex-wife nightmare UPDATE!!

Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ex-wife nightmare UPDATE!!

Mrs Neal here-just thought I'd post for the benefit of all those who followed this thread and gave us support
.I know there are still people facing the problem of trying to get ex-partners to agree to medicals for children who are from previous relationships( but who aren't actually emigrating with them).
Because we seriously expected hubbys ex-wife(aka "the dragon")not to turn up for the medicals(following weeks and weeks of problems)we e-mailed Adelaide to ask their advice direct(we were desperate!!:scared: )It has taken two weeks for them to reply so thought I would post it here "straight from the horses mouth advice" as it were......
"I suggest you do both of the below that have been suggested to you .Once this information arrives in the office I will assess it and go from there"and this is the two things they said we should do,"Obtain a stat.dec from the childrens mother saying that she wouldn't agree to take them to the meds.,and trying to obtain proof that we have tried and failed to persuade her to take them".
Thought it might reassure people that this is the advice direct from Adelaide and it looks as if they assess each case individually rather than just treating every situation the same.Obviously in our case the dragon decided to turn up and we didn't need to go down this route after all,but we know how soul-destroying the whole situation is and thought there may be those in need of encouragement....
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:41 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

glad to hear the "dragon" finally saw sense. One more weight off your mind. Good luck with the next steps.
Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:48 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Ex-wife nightmare UPDATE!!

Originally posted by neal
Mrs Neal here-just thought I'd post for the benefit of all those who followed this thread and gave us support
.I know there are still people facing the problem of trying to get ex-partners to agree to medicals for children who are from previous relationships( but who aren't actually emigrating with them).
Because we seriously expected hubbys ex-wife(aka "the dragon")not to turn up for the medicals(following weeks and weeks of problems)we e-mailed Adelaide to ask their advice direct(we were desperate!!:scared: )It has taken two weeks for them to reply so thought I would post it here "straight from the horses mouth advice" as it were......
"I suggest you do both of the below that have been suggested to you .Once this information arrives in the office I will assess it and go from there"and this is the two things they said we should do,"Obtain a stat.dec from the childrens mother saying that she wouldn't agree to take them to the meds.,and trying to obtain proof that we have tried and failed to persuade her to take them".
Thought it might reassure people that this is the advice direct from Adelaide and it looks as if they assess each case individually rather than just treating every situation the same.Obviously in our case the dragon decided to turn up and we didn't need to go down this route after all,but we know how soul-destroying the whole situation is and thought there may be those in need of encouragement....
Hi guys

Great news - well done for hanging on in there !

Jill (and Warren)

Old Jan 29th 2004, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

scotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the roughscotvness is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Ex-wife nightmare UPDATE!!

Originally posted by neal

Thanks for the update - have sent you a PM

Regards

Scot
Old Jan 29th 2004, 5:55 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the update Mrs Neal. Getting in touch with her at all will not be an option for us, so solicitor has agreed to write us a letter stating the facts. Also am going to go to police and see if they will also write us a letter about the time we had to have son arrested and cautioned for attempted criminal damage plus all the other things that have gone on. Still haven't told Andrew about all this, am waiting until I need to do so.

Best Wishes
Sarah
Old Jan 29th 2004, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

neal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default pm to scot

Mrs.Neal here-have sent you a pm scot but then had trouble with computer so let me know if you didn't get it!!