Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ex police detective interested in moving to Australia

Ex police detective interested in moving to Australia

Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:01 am
Just Joined

PAL12-Paul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ex police detective interested in moving to Australia

To all you ex pats out there; I'd be grateful on some advice; I'm a current uk police detective interested in moving my family to Australia. I'm not necessarily looking at joining the police. Does anyone know or have any suggestions as to australian employers who would be interested in such previous skills/experience; and of any that offer citizenship/pr? Most grateful for any replies.

Paul
Old Jul 18th 2013, 10:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex police detective interested in moving to Australia

Originally Posted by PAL12-Paul
To all you ex pats out there; I'd be grateful on some advice; I'm a current uk police detective interested in moving my family to Australia. I'm not necessarily looking at joining the police. Does anyone know or have any suggestions as to australian employers who would be interested in such previous skills/experience; and of any that offer citizenship/pr? Most grateful for any replies.

Paul
Take a read of www.immi.gov.au to see what visa you might qualify for.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 1:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Paul
Welcome to BE
Your main issue will be that unless you are married to an Aussie you will need a skill, and "police office" unfortunately doesn't count. You need to have a good look at any actual qualifications you have and have a good read of http://www.immi.gov.au/skills/skillselect

You'd be looking for PR first - don't even give the word citizenship house room at present.

Sponsorship in as a police officer might be an option, WA and possibly SA are looking at sponsoring - lots of threads on our ploice forum so have a look there

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79
Old Jul 18th 2013, 1:21 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

of any that offer citizenship/pr? Most grateful for any replies.

Paul
No employer can offer you neither citizenship or PR, For those you have to qualify through the Australian Government immigration policy.

As for visas the link above the DIAC website is a place to start. Has your partner maybe have a skill in demand? WAPOL was recruiting recently but only for few years service, think it was 3 to 7 yrs but anybody can correct me if I'm wrong but that has now closed.