Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ex Pat HealthCare

Ex Pat HealthCare

Old Sep 28th 2008, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice
Default Ex Pat HealthCare

Hi y'all,

I've been chatting alot about medical cover for peeps on 457, like myself and i've been looking into Australia based medical providers, BUT how about medical providers based here in the UK.

http://www.expatriatehealthcare.com/

Found the above website and it looks intriguing, it defo makes alot more sense to.

£647 for the year for basic cover with nil xs and no co-insurance. Rulings are only that a medical problem suffered in the two years before joining them is not claimable until the problem has not been suffered from or advised upon for two years after joining them.

Check the 3 levels of cover:-

http://www.expatriatehealthcare.com/...hatwecover.htm

They also have an online chat facility on the website and I shall be picking their brains!

Looking at MEDIBANKS' 457 working visitor cover there are far to many holes in it as far as i'm concerned. Like I read in another thread they cover full refund for in patient cover like theatre fees, drugs and dressings, accomodation food but do you get 100% cover for surgical and anaesthetist fee's? Hmm, i'm not so sure here. They give you some back dependant on the circumstances of that treatment. Plus its much more expensive in premium compared with cover from the insurers here in the UK.

Any comments appreciated.

Cheers.

(I can't wait to get on PR so we can have reduced premiums!)

N.B. I actually think, until you are on PR this scheme would probably suit 457'ers better (those who wouldn't need medical care for existing conditions and are reletively fit) and its no different than when I went on a WHV to Aussie with insure and go for a year. Never used em BUT I would have had to depend on them should I had been in any strife.
Technically we're (temp visa holders) still British citizens who in theory are going to return to the UK.

Last edited by jam76; Sep 28th 2008 at 9:10 am.