Reload this Page >

ex-hubbie and consent

ex-hubbie and consent

Old Apr 18th 2004, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Thommo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ex-hubbie and consent

hello
can anyone tell us how we get legal consent from my ex-hubbie to take my child to oz. the problem is he lives in california now- does he sign an affidavit, or do i get the forms and send them to him to sign? I am applying myself not through an agent

thank you
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:37 pm
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

Dolly (or dotty....but I think dolly) is the best person to ask. She is going through this at the mo.......I believe.
Old Apr 19th 2004, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

My ex need to sign a letter stating that he was willing to let the child go permenantly to oz, in front of a solicitor. I typed up the letter myself and took it to the solicitors. I then told the ex where it was and he made himself an appointment and did the deed! The thing was I wasn't really on speaking terms with him for about 10 years before plucking up the courage to phone and ask his permission.

Mandy
Old Apr 19th 2004, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ex-hubbie and consent

Originally posted by Thommo
hello
can anyone tell us how we get legal consent from my ex-hubbie to take my child to oz. the problem is he lives in california now- does he sign an affidavit, or do i get the forms and send them to him to sign? I am applying myself not through an agent

thank you
Because he is not in this country and the laws for each country are very different it may be safer for you to get an uncontested court order, this shouldn't be too expensive. He can't really argue it if he has already left the country.

Linz
Old Apr 19th 2004, 6:07 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ex-hubbie and consent

Originally posted by Thommo
hello

thank you
You will need a statutory declaration, we have a copy of one if you would like to PM us with your e mail address, your husband will need to sign it along with a lawyer/solicitor, it can be a tricky business if he wants to be awkward about it.