Reload this Page >

Ex-Employer windup.

Ex-Employer windup.

Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

shakiman is on a distinguished road
Default Ex-Employer windup.

Hello...!!

I applied for General Skilled Migration in december. Yesterday i came to know that my ex-employer to whom i work for 1.5 years has been windup, and the place where their office was located is been rented by some other company. My current employer is well established and i have no problem with them and i am working with them for 2 years. Should i informe this incident to DIMIA, and what should be the supporting documents to justify my statement. Any body having this experiance..???

thanks ....
Old Mar 8th 2005, 7:46 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Ex-Employer windup.

Originally Posted by shakiman
Hello...!!

I applied for General Skilled Migration in december. Yesterday i came to know that my ex-employer to whom i work for 1.5 years has been windup, and the place where their office was located is been rented by some other company. My current employer is well established and i have no problem with them and i am working with them for 2 years. Should i informe this incident to DIMIA, and what should be the supporting documents to justify my statement. Any body having this experiance..???

thanks ....
Not sure what you are saying here. Are you saying you've informed DIMIA of a previous employers address and in fact your previous employer didn't exist?

I think DIMIA will ask how come you didn't realise when you went in to work

Can't offer advice I'm afraid as not sure what you are saying. Please clarify and maybe someone can help.

Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

Before the submission of my application, my Ex-employer (which was a software firm) was present and working in minimum scope, although i was not working with them at the time of submission of my application, but in past i had worked for 1.5 years when the company was in full swing during the I.T boom. Currently i am working with a Leasing firm since 2 years and yesterday i came to know that my Ex-Exployer ( A software firm) is no more in operation.

i hope it's clear now...
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:16 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Before the submission of my application, my Ex-employer (which was a software firm) was present and working in minimum scope, although i was not working with them at the time of submission of my application, but in past i had worked for 1.5 years when the company was in full swing during the I.T boom. Currently i am working with a Leasing firm since 2 years and yesterday i came to know that my Ex-Exployer ( A software firm) is no more in operation.

i hope it's clear now...
So....you informed DIMIA you have worked for this IT company previously for 1.5years [I expect this is to fulfill the job skills criteria?]and you are now unable to prove this as the company no longer exists?

Are you asking if anyone else has experienced this and how did they evidence it when the company no longer exists?

Someone on here might be able to help....but you might have more luck on the immigration forum

Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:26 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hello...!!

thanks ....

The information you can get from Companies House may help. You can look up company information on their web site and it will say if/when a company was wound up. For a small fee (you can pay by credit card there and then) you can also download copies of a company's annual return, including their accounts. If the company has been wound up, their last annaul return/set of accounts will say so. You can then send those documents off to DIMIA with a statutory declaration.

The Companies House web site address is: http://www.companieshouse.co.uk/

I also know of other people whose employer went out of business but wasn't a registered company, and they have just sent a statutory declaration to DIMIA. Do a search on "statutory declaration" here and on the immigration forum.

Gina
Old Mar 8th 2005, 8:33 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by GinaUK
The information you can get from Companies House may help. You can look up company information on their web site and it will say if/when a company was wound up. For a small fee (you can pay by credit card there and then) you can also download copies of a company's annual return, including their accounts. If the company has been wound up, their last annaul return/set of accounts will say so. You can then send those documents off to DIMIA with a statutory declaration.

The Companies House web site address is: http://www.companieshouse.co.uk/

I also know of other people whose employer went out of business but wasn't a registered company, and they have just sent a statutory declaration to DIMIA. Do a search on "statutory declaration" here and on the immigration forum.

Gina
Umm....so it is possible for someone to claim they worked somewhere just by obtaining evidence that a company exsisted at one time.

Also, I wasn't sure this gentleman worked in UK

Old Mar 8th 2005, 9:52 am
Legoman

legoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello...!!

thanks ....

I had a prob with a company that I had worked for, I did a stat dec and sent in a p60 showing that I did indeed work for them. And I got my TRA .
Old Mar 8th 2005, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Legoman..!!!!

will u plz tell me in detail....what is p60 and what were the contents of the sts. declaration.