Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ewepack moving company?

Ewepack moving company?

Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ewepack moving company?

Hi, I usually post over on the Canada forum but as I'm looking for experiences with a shipping company I thought I'd enquire here too

I'm collecting quotes at the moment, and the one from Ewepack is quite a bit cheaper than everyone else. However I'm a bit daunted by the 'pack and load yourself' prospect. I was wondering if anyone has used them and can describe how it went?
Also, are there any other costs involved? I'm presuming we have to pay for all the packing materials - how much is that going to come to? I've no idea whether I'd be looking at £300 or £900 lol.
Oh, we're looking at a 2 bedroom flat going into a 20ft container and it being not far off full (yes we have a lot of stuff lol).

I'm a bit worried that Ewepack looks good in the same way Easyjet looks good... cheap until you add up all the extras, and then it ends up being not much cheaper at all.

Would really appreciate some first hand experiences!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 1:49 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ewepack moving company?

Originally Posted by izzi81
Hi, I usually post over on the Canada forum but as I'm looking for experiences with a shipping company I thought I'd enquire here too

I'm collecting quotes at the moment, and the one from Ewepack is quite a bit cheaper than everyone else. However I'm a bit daunted by the 'pack and load yourself' prospect. I was wondering if anyone has used them and can describe how it went?
Also, are there any other costs involved? I'm presuming we have to pay for all the packing materials - how much is that going to come to? I've no idea whether I'd be looking at £300 or £900 lol.
Oh, we're looking at a 2 bedroom flat going into a 20ft container and it being not far off full (yes we have a lot of stuff lol).

I'm a bit worried that Ewepack looks good in the same way Easyjet looks good... cheap until you add up all the extras, and then it ends up being not much cheaper at all.

Would really appreciate some first hand experiences!
I've used them before, though not exactly for the same product, or the same destination.

No great problem with them at the UK end - it was the Aus contractors (and customs) that were muppets.

Personally I'd say that packing yourself was preferable to someone else, and the driver that turned up was extremely helpful.

Packing materials I got from a local firm (yellow pages) and didn't cost much for more than I needed.

PS Don't be afraid to play companies off against each other - they'll either met the price or tell you why they think you shouldn't touch the other firm.