Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

evrything going swimmingly n shite bites you in the arse

evrything going swimmingly n shite bites you in the arse

Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:30 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: evrything going swimmingly n shite bites you in the arse

Originally Posted by peppi
we got the Visa..we even have a buyer for the house...if it goes to completion...flights booked for the 21st September.....and today............hubby gets a nights bed and board in the coronary dept of the local general hospital with all the signs of heart trouble.....

Now I dont know where I am or what to do..............
All will be fine ! hope he is ok!
destress karma sent!

Kris
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

we got the Visa..we even have a buyer for the house...if it goes to completion...flights booked for the 21st September.....and today............hubby gets a nights bed and board in the coronary dept of the local general hospital with all the signs of heart trouble.....

So sorry to hear your news,hope your hubby gets well soon
Old Jun 30th 2005, 8:46 am
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Hope your hubby is on the mend, Peppi.
Please let us know.
Julie
Old Jun 30th 2005, 9:23 am
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Peppi,

I am very sorry to hear that . i hope he has a speedy recovery and things get better for you.

Best of luck,

Michelle
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:14 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Its ever so kind all your well wishes..thanks very much and for all the karma sent...

Been down the hosi all morning...it appears to be angina...a narrowing of the arteries to the heart...Im now waiting for a desicion as to wether it is treatable by pils and drugs or wether its a case of a small op to clear them out a bit...as far as I can gather...He did ok in the tests and they confirmed he hasnt actually had a heart attack....yet....I say yet as this sort of thing appears to be the run up to one...feeling a bit better about it today and Im actually glad this has happened now before we go so it will be sorted out. Last thing we need is to land in a new country and be seeking out major health treatment...Infact I dont even know how we would get on with that if it did happen...anyone know how things work on that score...would it have to be private until you have paid something into the system...?
Old Jun 30th 2005, 12:15 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Hey - there is an upside to this (sort of...)
At least your meds are done and sorted, you've got your visas and you don't have to worry about going through the meds again now and worrying that some heart problems are going to cause an issue.

Hope the hubby's up and in full working order again soon!

W. (optimist)
you do have a point here...and I cant deny that this thought hadnt crossed my mind yesterday...
Old Jun 30th 2005, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Its ever so kind all your well wishes..thanks very much and for all the karma sent...

Been down the hosi all morning...it appears to be angina...a narrowing of the arteries to the heart...Im now waiting for a desicion as to wether it is treatable by pils and drugs or wether its a case of a small op to clear them out a bit...as far as I can gather...He did ok in the tests and they confirmed he hasnt actually had a heart attack....yet....I say yet as this sort of thing appears to be the run up to one...feeling a bit better about it today and Im actually glad this has happened now before we go so it will be sorted out. Last thing we need is to land in a new country and be seeking out major health treatment...Infact I dont even know how we would get on with that if it did happen...anyone know how things work on that score...would it have to be private until you have paid something into the system...?
Sorry to hear about your hubby.
As far as I know most private insurers have a moratorium on pre-exisitng conditions and major treatments. For example. HBA would only insure you for heart/artery treatment once you had been a member of the fund for 2 years. (Ours have been halved as we have transferred from Bupa UK/International, and BUPA Oz are owned by HBA).

Am sure though that any treatment you need would be more than adequately covered in the Public Sector.

Take care,

Mrs J