British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   the evil one is exposed - no not pb...or is it? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/evil-one-exposed-no-not-pb-130788/)

travelling_kiwi Feb 5th 2003 12:58 am

the evil one is exposed - no not pb...or is it?

following riveting words entail a private message muppetking sent to a local who wishes to help others
"NZ education
Oh dear! I'll ignore your peurile rantings as those of yet another naturally insecure Kiwi! The article was printed in the Christchurch Press by the way. Judging by your spelling you are simply confirming what I hold to be true about the NZ education system. How sad that a forum is only of value to you if it doesn't shatter a few myths about Gods own!"

isn't this site great? can be a little addictive though don't you think? but although this site was originally an accidental hit, i return in order to help. if anyone has questions i can answer i'm very willing to help.

now as for ridiculous opinions from unhappy homesick migrants who are in their mid 30's, (an age most have matured by) who pretend to have a broad knowledge of a foreign land & it's customs particularly education although their teaching experience is limited to juniors and has changed schools (ie employment) more times than pope has said amen, and migrated at wifes insistence cos he couldn't stop whining about how everything around him (in UK) was going downhill, then continues to practice his life long skills of establishing unpopularity by cutting down almost everything anyone has to say in chosen destination(s) rather than make an effort to help people and being a slow learner, candidly demonstrates simplicity by accepting only one point of view eg being "lured by the glossy pictures of gorgeous scenery" instead of bothering to research the full story........my teacher always said i needed to shorten my sausage sentences......well those opinions are great - keep em coming! isn't that the forums purpose - information and opinion
but as for calling me insecure, now you're just being a silly thing now aren't you....i couldn't be more secure about being kiwi, no offence to non-kiwis but i wouldn't want to be from anywhere else, i feel extremely priveleged, nationally & internationally i can travel anywhere, work anywhere, the rest of the world (except french govt) loves me because i am not a threat in any way and being multi-skilled in lifes' ways (due to my education?) i fit in anywhere but best of all when i get tired of travelling, i can go home to paradise !
it's quite true nz isn't a perfect country, it has problems at all sorts of levels but i love it, it's perfect for me, that's what counts right? i think it's #1, the 2nd best place isn't even close.
by the way muppeybaby this isnt a spelling test, i'm not a typist (this just took me 15-20mins) and if you really feel strongly about the stories you impose on readers you should go home to sussex, at least re-evaluate and/or open your mind, stop seeing yourself as superior to others and integrate, isn't that part of migrating, go on - get out of the house, make some friends, join a sports club, it's all a matter of what you make of it ...again i'm happy to help,
good on you,
t_kiwi

ps thanx mk for clarifying you read the chch press - did you try the herald link to that article on 'survey of 14 yr olds'?
guess the journalists must've told different versions of the same story eh?:p

JWW Feb 5th 2003 1:56 am

Re: the evil one is exposed - no not pb...or is it?

Originally posted by travelling_kiwi
following riveting words entail a private message muppetking sent to a local who wishes to help others
"NZ education
Oh dear! I'll ignore your peurile rantings as those of yet another naturally insecure Kiwi! The article was printed in the Christchurch Press by the way. Judging by your spelling you are simply confirming what I hold to be true about the NZ education system. How sad that a forum is only of value to you if it doesn't shatter a few myths about Gods own!"

isn't this site great? can be a little addictive though don't you think? but although this site was originally an accidental hit, i return in order to help. if anyone has questions i can answer i'm very willing to help.

now as for ridiculous opinions from unhappy homesick migrants who are in their mid 30's, (an age most have matured by) who pretend to have a broad knowledge of a foreign land & it's customs particularly education although their teaching experience is limited to juniors and has changed schools (ie employment) more times than pope has said amen, and migrated at wifes insistence cos he couldn't stop whining about how everything around him (in UK) was going downhill, then continues to practice his life long skills of establishing unpopularity by cutting down almost everything anyone has to say in chosen destination(s) rather than make an effort to help people and being a slow learner, candidly demonstrates simplicity by accepting only one point of view eg being "lured by the glossy pictures of gorgeous scenery" instead of bothering to research the full story........my teacher always said i needed to shorten my sausage sentences......well those opinions are great - keep em coming! isn't that the forums purpose - information and opinion
but as for calling me insecure, now you're just being a silly thing now aren't you....i couldn't be more secure about being kiwi, no offence to non-kiwis but i wouldn't want to be from anywhere else, i feel extremely priveleged, nationally & internationally i can travel anywhere, work anywhere, the rest of the world (except french govt) loves me because i am not a threat in any way and being multi-skilled in lifes' ways (due to my education?) i fit in anywhere but best of all when i get tired of travelling, i can go home to paradise !
it's quite true nz isn't a perfect country, it has problems at all sorts of levels but i love it, it's perfect for me, that's what counts right? i think it's #1, the 2nd best place isn't even close.
by the way muppeybaby this isnt a spelling test, i'm not a typist (this just took me 15-20mins) and if you really feel strongly about the stories you impose on readers you should go home to sussex, at least re-evaluate and/or open your mind, stop seeing yourself as superior to others and integrate, isn't that part of migrating, go on - get out of the house, make some friends, join a sports club, it's all a matter of what you make of it ...again i'm happy to help,
good on you,
t_kiwi

ps thanx mk for clarifying you read the chch press - did you try the herald link to that article on 'survey of 14 yr olds'?
mate...you're a legend!

muppetking Feb 5th 2003 2:49 am

"NZ education

good on you,
t_kiwi

Well, well Unravelling-PeeWee, you know me so well, HA HA. What confuses me is the fact that your so secure you spit the dummy over a few minor criticisms of your wonderful country. Silly me, you qualify as a British ex-pat how? Anyway, turn your devastating wit and brilliant perception on to higher things. Pick on someone your own size, mentally that is.

Jaffa30 Feb 5th 2003 2:51 am

Travelling_kiwi, you have my vote for post of the year

:D

muppetking sent a similarly abusive private message to myself.
perhaps he is Pommie Bastard's twin brother???

he has some strange notion that nzers are insecure and not world-class. i almost choked on my cornflakes.

nz seems to me to be above world-class. while the rest of the world is stressing with terrorism, wars, draughts, bushfires, floods......nz seems comparatively at ease.

for a nation of less than 4 million, we have much to gloat about.........All Blacks, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Americas Cup, best horses on the planet, stunning scenery, great skiing.........
i know nz has its problems......as does the rest of the world

to be fair, muppetking is also world-class. a world-class whinger.
perhaps he got deported from the UK for excessive whinging?

a pommie mate in sydney asked me to join this forum as people were asking about my home city, wellington. like travelling_kiwi said, i am also more than happy to help anybody where i can.

i'm all for criticism of nz where its fair. the more people know about nz before they arrive, the better they will be able to adjust. but muppetking's posts frequently display a lack of logic (maybe that's why he can only teach young kids) and he has a strange grudge of all things nz.

to everyone else, i hope your expat experience is a rich tapestry of fun, adventure, new friends & happiness.

:)

pommie bastard Feb 5th 2003 3:32 am

Originally posted by Jaffa30

he has some strange notion that nzers are insecure and not world-class. i almost choked on my cornflakes.

nz seems to me to be above world-class. while the rest of the world is stressing with terrorism, wars, draughts, bushfires, floods......nz seems comparatively at ease.

for a nation of less than 4 million, we have much to gloat about.........All Blacks, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Americas Cup, best horses on the planet, stunning scenery, great skiing.........

a pommie mate in sydney asked me to join this forum as people were asking about my home city, wellington. like travelling_kiwi said, i am also more than happy to help anybody where i can.

i'm all for criticism of nz where its fair. the more people know about nz before they arrive, the better they will be able to adjust. but muppetking's posts frequently display a lack of logic (maybe that's why he can only teach young kids) and he has a strange grudge of all things nz.

to everyone else, i hope your expat experience is a rich tapestry of fun, adventure, new friends & happiness.

I do not know about myself being evil who am I to judge? but though I have never been NZ yet I have a lot of respect for the Kiwi's they are the kind of people the Aussies should be never met one I could dislike top people.

:D :cool: :beer:

muppetking Feb 5th 2003 3:54 am

Hey, you forgot to mention world class smugness! Out of interest perhaps you and the Holy Trinity could articulate these NZ problems you graciously acknowledge but never express? I'm sure we'd all be grateful as after all you are a local.:) Try laying off the personal insults on the public forum and tell us what you really think!

pommie bastard Feb 5th 2003 4:08 am

Originally posted by muppetking
Hey, you forgot to mention world class smugness! Out of interest perhaps you and the Holy Trinity could articulate these NZ problems you graciously acknowledge but never express? I'm sure we'd all be grateful as after all you are a local.:) Try laying off the personal insults on the public forum and tell us what you really think!
Come on Pal you've done the odd insult , glass houses and all that the guys just giving back what you dished out .
Hope you are not turning Aussie , anti-kiwi is their game it gives us Poms a rest now and again.

muppetking Feb 5th 2003 4:12 am

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Come on Pal you've done the odd insult , glass houses and all that the guys just giving back what you dished out .
Hope you are not turning Aussie , anti-kiwi is their game it gives us Poms a rest now and again.

odd insult yes....attempted (though way off the mark) character analysis? No. Funny but last month in Brisbane the Kiwis took a right bashing from the Aussies we shared a resort with!

pommie bastard Feb 5th 2003 4:27 am

odd insult yes....attempted (though way off the mark) character analysis? No. Funny but last month in Brisbane the Kiwis took a right bashing from the Aussies we shared a resort with!
Never understood why they dislike Kiwi's given the ANZAC history
you would have thought they would get on like a house on fire but theres something in an Aussies make up that makes them want to fight everyone , must get it from the Pom blood in them.

Jaffa30 Feb 5th 2003 5:09 am

Pommie Bastard is right. Anyone who has lived in Aussie (we lived in sydney for 3 years), knows that Aussies take the piss out of all countries as it makes them feel better about Aus.

back to the drawing board muppetking
:cool:

Dudley Feb 5th 2003 9:37 am

Want some Aussie jokes that'll have you sucking air / choking on your drink? Bug the table of some expat Kiwi drinkers. Got a bit of a fixation about sheep but.

PaisleyKev Feb 5th 2003 5:06 pm

"NZ education

good on you,
t_kiwi

guess the journalists must've told different versions of the same story eh?

hilarious post!! i had a good chuckle, thanks.
I agree from what i've read so far this post takes the cake.
and just how many 'evil' or abusive private messages are being sent around by this muppetjing?

Dudley Feb 5th 2003 7:15 pm

Pommie Bastard is right. Anyone who has lived in Aussie (we lived in sydney for 3 years), knows that Aussies take the piss out of all countries as it makes them feel better about Aus.

back to the drawing board muppetking
:cool:
There's a nasty side of the Aussie character akin to school boy bullying that has to find out were you are in the pecking order.

Best to totally ingore such ignorants. If you must get on with them - such as at work - either tell them very plainly that you are not interested in jibes or come back quickly with a jibe that'll take the wind from their sails.

Funny but a good, witty, quick jab can turn them into good mates - they are trying to see what stuff you are made of.

moose Feb 5th 2003 8:11 pm

Re:living in Wellington.

:) [/QUOTE]
Hi jaffa 30, hope you don't mind but I noticed you're from Wellington and just thought you part with a little wisdom on that area.we are hoping to get pr sometime soon (if not we'll come over on a work search) my brother has lived in Island Bay for nearly 30 years and is desperate to see us move there but having checked out various web sites I've not seen much in the way of jobs there (I'm an electrician,industrial mainly but I can still do all the domestic side if necessary)The hutt valley looks about the most promising but I've seen several,non-too-flattering posts about this area.Are the schools ,houses ,people etc.o.k. there.Any light you can shed on the subject would be most welcome as I would like to try and endorse my brothers already glowing reference for the Wellington area:)

travelling_kiwi Feb 5th 2003 9:10 pm

Well, well Unravelling-PeeWee, you know me so well, HA HA. What confuses me is the fact that your so secure you spit the dummy over a few minor criticisms of your wonderful country. Silly me, you qualify as a British ex-pat how? Anyway, turn your devastating wit and brilliant perception on to higher things. Pick on someone your own size, mentally that is.
and now for some more light entertainment.....i really didn't intend this business to drag on but.....my wife insists on pointing out "your so secure" should read "you are.." or this can also be shortened to "you're..."
also from your 'NZ-20 questions' "For a public Kindy it's usually a dollar a day or contribution, and very good they are too. If you go private it will bi in the region of 50 dollars per day, give or take a little. They don't really offer that much more but if you have the money!"
bi? should read be; i is nowhere near the e on the keyboard....now c'mon who's the teacher here? i do hope you're teaching & leading by better example than this, yes?
as you can see it's more about correcting you than spitting the dummy.
were you insulted?sorry muppey, only regurgitating facts you've said or suggested previously eg have taught 11 yrs in uk + ?3 in NZ, changed employment frequently, the homesickness is obvious, so i wouldn't call it character analysis but i see where you're going with this, i can take a hint. we could tee up a briggs-meyer test for you if you wish.
or how bout we start with the easy ones - if you were a book, which one would you be? and if you were a colour?
of course i'm just kidding with you really, you don't have to answer.
i do agree with you though, the personal insults are not appropriate in public nor by private mail. you won't do it again will you.