Reload this Page >

Evidencing visas and passports?

Evidencing visas and passports?

Old Dec 23rd 2002, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

smiths2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Evidencing visas and passports?

Hi everyone

Just got the go ahead on the Visa front. (State nominated, Victoria)

Two years two months! One of my longest projects to date but well worth it.

Excellent news for Xmas! ;-)

We have to get the passports evidenced in Australian High Commission in London.

Does anyone know if everyone in the family has to go or can I go alone (we are a family of four) please? My kids are on my wifes passport.

Trying to get through to them (Australian High Commission) on the phone is difficult so I thought I'd ask you guys.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Steve
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

I think you might have to have separate passports for the children. I asked this question before and everyone replied that they can't stamp the children's visa in the parents passport, they must have their own. You may have to make a trip to the Passport office first.
Do a search and see what comes up.
Best of luck.
Tina
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 4:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Tina. Not sure that children need separate passports. Adelaide didn't indicate this and I cannot find anything to say this for Australia only US.

I will persevere though as after 2 years 2 months, I'm not going to let a passport stop me! ;-)

Happy Xmas and thanks for the reply.

Steve

Originally posted by tinaj
I think you might have to have separate passports for the children. I asked this question before and everyone replied that they can't stamp the children's visa in the parents passport, they must have their own. You may have to make a trip to the Passport office first.
Do a search and see what comes up.
Best of luck.
Tina
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

When your wife's passport expires they will need their own passpost. If you have less than 2 years left on the passport, it's worth getting it renewed, otherwise you will have to carry old and new passports around with you. (Visa stamp will remain in the old one, can be transferred at a cost)

Mash..

Originally posted by smiths2
Thanks Tina. Not sure that children need separate passports. Adelaide didn't indicate this and I cannot find anything to say this for Australia only US.

I will persevere though as after 2 years 2 months, I'm not going to let a passport stop me! ;-)

Happy Xmas and thanks for the reply.

Steve
Old Dec 23rd 2002, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Mash...

Happy Xmas!

Originally posted by mashiraz
When your wife's passport expires they will need their own passpost. If you have less than 2 years left on the passport, it's worth getting it renewed, otherwise you will have to carry old and new passports around with you. (Visa stamp will remain in the old one, can be transferred at a cost)

Mash..