Reload this Page >

Evidence of relationship?

Evidence of relationship?

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Aussie Dreamin' is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Evidence of relationship?

Hey there,

Myself and my boyf. sent off our application for Skilled Independent last October. Obviously we are not married but I am going as his spouse on the visa application. We own a house together and the only real question of our relationship on the application was how long we have been together and when did our relationship start. Will we be asked for evidence etc of our relationship e.g. bills, bank statements etc or will the fact that we own a house and have a mortgage together suffice, or will they ask us at all?

BTW we are both Irish.

Any info would be helpful

Thanx
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:20 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I could be wrong on this but I was under the impression that you had to send all evidence with main application. I am busy collecting stuff at the moment to prove that we are in a relationship. Family members are busy writing stat decs for us, and we are trying to put together a joint stat dec, too. Other items that come in useful is plane tickets or boarding passes to prove joint travel.

Hope this helps

Sarah
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by teach
I could be wrong on this but I was under the impression that you had to send all evidence with main application. I am busy collecting stuff at the moment to prove that we are in a relationship. Family members are busy writing stat decs for us, and we are trying to put together a joint stat dec, too. Other items that come in useful is plane tickets or boarding passes to prove joint travel.

Hope this helps

Sarah
Thanks Sarah,

We kinda thought that too, but it doesn't say anywhere on the application, Migration booklet or checklist that you have to forward evidence of your relationship with your application (read them over and over to make sure). I thought you only needed evidence if you were applying under Spouse Visa, you know to prove that that you're actually really together and not just trying to get in to Oz dishonestly.

Anyway, it's not a problem to get evidence etc cos we've been going out 4 years and living 2gether 3 years.

Whatcha think??
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:03 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Hi,

sorry I'm asking questions on the other thread, and you're answering them here.

Re proof of relationship - yeah I'm going on the fiance visa so we filled it with proof. Stat decs, copy phone bills, relationship statements, copies of stamped passports for proof of visits. The works. Not sure if this is what they'll be after for yourselves, but hope it helps.

Quite new to the site myself but there's some great advice on here.

Good luck!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:35 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Evidence of relationship?

Originally posted by Aussie Dreamin'
Hey there,

Myself and my boyf. sent off our application for Skilled Independent last October. Obviously we are not married but I am going as his spouse on the visa application. We own a house together and the only real question of our relationship on the application was how long we have been together and when did our relationship start. Will we be asked for evidence etc of our relationship e.g. bills, bank statements etc or will the fact that we own a house and have a mortgage together suffice, or will they ask us at all?

BTW we are both Irish.

Any info would be helpful

Thanx
Hi there,

I've posted this a few times, but I'm happy to post it again.

All you need to know is in the attached document.

Good luck,

Steve.
Attached Files
File Type: doc
de facto 2.doc (33.5 KB, 76 views)
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 5:38 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Hi there,

Good luck,

Steve.
oooowww nearly at five stars..............make sure the rabbit is safe

Jill

Old Jan 23rd 2004, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Originally posted by SteveBannister
Hi there,

Good luck,

Steve.

Thanks for that Steve. So we will definitely need to gather all that information about proof of our relationship even though neither of us are Aussies and are not going under a De Facto Spouse Visa but under a Skilled Independent Visa where it mentions nothing about proof of relationship??

Let me know what you think
Thanks a millers!!