Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Evidence of funds

Evidence of funds

Old Mar 31st 2003, 2:35 pm
FluffyMorson

Default Evidence of funds

Hi there

This is my first post to this forum, so I'd just like to say hi to everyone.

After falling short of the NZ passmark by 4 points I have been advised to go over on a Working Holiday Scheme and see if I can get myself a permanent job offer.

I have had a search through all of your posts looking for an answer to what is probably a really silly question, but I can't seem
to find the answer I'm looking for, although I have found tons of other useful advice.

Basically, I in applying for the WHV, I need to send evidence of either a return ticket or the funds to buy one with my application form. I don't have a return ticket yet, could someone tell me what constitutes evidence of funds, as I will probably buy my ticket on a credit card. Would a bank statement suffice? If so, does this have to show an amount of £700 available in my bank, or just evidence of wages coming in?

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.

Tracey

Old Mar 31st 2003, 7:15 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Evidence of funds

Originally posted by FluffyMorson
Hi there

This is my first post to this forum, so I'd just like to say hi to everyone.

After falling short of the NZ passmark by 4 points I have been advised to go over on a Working Holiday Scheme and see if I can get myself a permanent job offer.

Basically, I in applying for the WHV, I need to send evidence of either a return ticket or the funds to buy one with my application form. I don't have a return ticket yet, could someone tell me what constitutes evidence of funds, as I will probably buy my ticket on a credit card. Would a bank statement suffice? If so, does this have to show an amount of £700 available in my bank, or just evidence of wages coming in?

Tracey
If you will pay with credit card perhaps they will accept a couple of credit card statements showing that your credit limit will allow the purchase of a flight home
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

evelynne_r is an unknown quantity at this point

When I arrived in NZ on a WHV, they didn't ask for proof of funds at all! I'd got bank statements ready just in case, but they just looked at my passport and visa and stamped the permit in. To be honest, I haven't heard of anyone being asked for proof of funds.

However, that's not to say they won't ask you!

Good luck,

Evelynne
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

evelynne_r is an unknown quantity at this point

When I arrived in NZ on a WHV, they didn't ask for proof of funds at all! I'd got bank statements ready just in case, but they just looked at my passport and visa and stamped the permit in. To be honest, I haven't heard of anyone being asked for proof of funds.

However, that's not to say they won't ask you!

Good luck,

Evelynne