Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Everything's there and we have heard nothing

Everything's there and we have heard nothing

Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

Jackee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Everything's there and we have heard nothing

Following advice from the forum we took 'everything', perfectly filed and indexed to NZ House on the 8th August and yes it did feel like a very special day for us too ! We didn't visit the Wonkeis - altho' know it well. Instead we went to Buck House because our 7 yr old wanted to say goodbye to the Queen (?!) she paddled in the fountain for a while - it was V. Hot - but we have heard nothing at all...(I don't mean from the Queen ! -we were told we would be allocated a visa officer within a month (well it's 3 weeks tomorrow). Our application is for PR (husband has a job offer and so we are comfortably over on points etc.) He is due to start work at the beginning of October. We thought our application was straightforward - could there be a problem ?? Should I be worried ?? Am I just paranoid ?? what with resignations in, for both me and my husband,notice periods ticking, roof going over our head , flights on hold etc... stress levels are rising. Anyone anything to offer in the way of help or censure ?? please

Thanks in anticipation
Jackee
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Everything's there and we have heard nothing

Originally posted by Jackee
Following advice from the forum we took 'everything', perfectly filed and indexed to NZ House on the 8th August and yes it did feel like a very special day for us too ! We didn't visit the Wonkeis - altho' know it well. Instead we went to Buck House because our 7 yr old wanted to say goodbye to the Queen (?!) she paddled in the fountain for a while - it was V. Hot - but we have heard nothing at all...(I don't mean from the Queen ! -we were told we would be allocated a visa officer within a month (well it's 3 weeks tomorrow). Our application is for PR (husband has a job offer and so we are comfortably over on points etc.) He is due to start work at the beginning of October. We thought our application was straightforward - could there be a problem ?? Should I be worried ?? Am I just paranoid ?? what with resignations in, for both me and my husband,notice periods ticking, roof going over our head , flights on hold etc... stress levels are rising. Anyone anything to offer in the way of help or censure ?? please

Thanks in anticipation
Jackee
Three weeks

We have been going since Dec 02. First the Visas, then the house sale.........of course you are paranoid...... we all are that are going through this process.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Jackee,
Just having a bad week.

Whisky
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Wink it's OK

[QUOTE]Originally posted by whisky
Sorry Jackee,
Just having a bad week.

That's OK we all have them when embarking on this process it seems - it will all be worth it in the end !
Have you really been waiting since Dec 02 for PR ?? or is it the 'dare I mention it' house sale process that's the problem ??

Jackee

Last edited by Jackee; Aug 28th 2003 at 10:41 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mainly the dare you mention it bit. The visa took longer than expected, but we haven't got a PR. We are on a 457IE. That took 3 months.
Just try and relax about the visa. It will come eventually. They all do, and very doubtful it will get there on the exact day.
Sorry again about my outburst.
Whisky
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Default its OK...really !

457IE ?? and don't keep apologising !!

Jackee
Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Temporary Independent executive. 4 year. Apply for PR after 2 years approx

Whisky
Old Aug 29th 2003, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Default Temporary Independent exec...

Originally posted by whisky
Temporary Independent executive. 4 year. Apply for PR after 2 years approx

Whisky
Whisky - I was wondering if this is a category my brother could apply under - I have to say I have not heard of it. Would you mind running thru the requirements v. briefly ?? I don't think (other than the family quota 'lottery') he has a chance with anything else.

Thanks
Jackee
Old Aug 30th 2003, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

I have sent you a PM.

We had help on this one from Allan Collett from Gomatilda.

We didn't think that we would beable to go.

We just posted some questions on here. Allan answered them and we got on with it ourselves.

Whisky