Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Everything Seems Very Quiet On The Western Front????

Everything Seems Very Quiet On The Western Front????

Old Jun 15th 2005, 11:43 am
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice
Question Everything Seems Very Quiet On The Western Front????

It should be any day now! So the agent keeps saying anyway!

I have not seen any posts recently about people getting their visas - Have they come to a standstill??

I am slowly losing the will to live! Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

Anyone in the same boat??

Jayne
Old Jun 15th 2005, 1:04 pm
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Everything Seems Very Quiet On The Western Front????

Originally Posted by andy & jayne

I have not seen any posts recently about people getting their visas - Have they come to a standstill??

Jayne
Hi Jayne

Sorry cant comment on visa status, we're behind you, medicals only sent off on Monday, but just wanted to say, hang on in there, every day gone, is one less to wait, i think!

Most of us on this forum are suffering from visa-itis, you get stressed, drink too much alcohol, become paranoid, panic over the time things take, ring any bells so far!! If so, then you've definately got the bug!!! I know I definately have, and have had for a very long time!!!

Good luck.

Jo
Old Jun 15th 2005, 2:28 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Jayne
Hi Jayne...

DIMIA will have run out of visas to give out.
It happens every year.
On the 1st of July it should start moving again.

As regards losing the will to live, (and this is not personal) the present applicants have never had it so good, waiting time wise!

We applied in July 2001, and then heard nothing from DIMIA for 18 months!

Some people now seem to be moaning about the wait after a few weeks!

Why??
Old Jun 15th 2005, 2:38 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I'm guilty of moaning about waiting, but it's been nearly 12 months since we first started our original TRA now....

Must admit, this forum helps the time just whizzzzzzzzzzzzz by
Old Jun 15th 2005, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Why??[/QUOTE]

Moanings a necessary part of the process of emigration. It relieves the tension Scossie. I love a good moan.
BTW
We applied in 1998 and never heard owt for 5 years - and by God we were grateful
Ali
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:08 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AliMay
Moanings a necessary part of the process of emigration. It relieves the tension Scossie. I love a good moan.
BTW
We applied in 1998 and never heard owt for 5 years - and by God we were grateful
Ali
Fair enough Ali.....

We had a comparatively short wait when we applied. The average time then was 20 months!

It was all to do with the Olympics. Sydney put on such a good show to a worldwide audience, that DIMIA were snowed under by people wanting to come & live in Oz, & the waiting time went through the roof.

We were told by DIMIA that we were not allowed under any circumstances to contact them in any way until they contacted us.

6 months went by.
A year went by.
17 months went by.
Then, 18 months in, we got a letter saying that our visas had been granted.
Putting your life on hold for all that time was not nice!

So you'll no doubt appreciate how it sticks in our throats a bit when people start bleating as if it's the end of the world having to wait 10 weeks or something.

Having said all that, I envy all the present applicants. I just wish we had it so incredibly easy.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

AliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant futureAliMay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Scossie
Fair enough Ali.....

We had a comparatively short wait when we applied. The average time then was 20 months!

It was all to do with the Olympics. Sydney put on such a good show to a worldwide audience, that DIMIA were snowed under by people wanting to come & live in Oz, & the waiting time went through the roof.

We were told by DIMIA that we were not allowed under any circumstances to contact them in any way until they contacted us.

6 months went by.
A year went by.
17 months went by.
Then, 18 months in, we got a letter saying that our visas had been granted.
Putting your life on hold for all that time was not nice!

So you'll no doubt appreciate how it sticks in our throats a bit when people start bleating as if it's the end of the world having to wait 10 weeks or something.

Having said all that, I envy all the present applicants. I just wish we had it so incredibly easy.
18 months must have been tough- but hey you made it and it probably feels
more satisfying after that wait.

BTW I was thinking about moaning in general. It does help to vent things on BE. I moan to 112 folk on here rather than moaning to my husband. Well this week my husbands away so I've got noone to moan at except small daughter (and that wouldn't be fair) and BE. So thank-you BE! I have to say BE has been pretty depressing reading today and my moans seem incredibly trivial compared to the things happening to some folk.
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:21 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think it's the end of the world waiting 10 weeks, just get bored of waiting I guess.......

I dont think I moan about it too much but sometimes it's good to let off steam with people that understand (friends and family mean well but they have no idea...)
Old Jun 15th 2005, 3:36 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

Jayne

We received the bond certificate from Queensland yesterday. Agent said it would be a couple of months from transferring the bond money to the visas being granted. We transferred about a fortnight ago.

Haven't sold the house yet so can't go until we have that sorted in any event.

We are getting very good at waiting .....

Shelley
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:10 pm

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Hi Jayne...

DIMIA will have run out of visas to give out.
It happens every year.
On the 1st of July it should start moving again.

As regards losing the will to live, (and this is not personal) the present applicants have never had it so good, waiting time wise!

Why??

Scossie,

Are you serious

And if they have, are you sure they will start again in July or could it be longer??

Forgive me if I am being ignorant

Jayne
Old Jun 16th 2005, 3:29 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie,

Are you serious

And if they have, are you sure they will start again in July or could it be longer??

Forgive me if I am being ignorant

Jayne
Yup Jayne, I am serious.

DIMIA have a limit on how many visas they can issue each year.
The migration year runs from the 1st of July to the 30th of June, & they usually reach their limit some time in June every year.

On the 1st of July they can start issuing visas again as they'll have their new quota for the new year.
Old Jun 16th 2005, 4:03 pm

Yup Jayne, I am serious.

DIMIA have a limit on how many visas they can issue each year.
The migration year runs from the 1st of July to the 30th of June, & they usually reach their limit some time in June every year.

On the 1st of July they can start issuing visas again as they'll have their new quota for the new year.
Thankyou Scossie!

I suppose another 2 weeks is not that long in the grand scheme of things

Jayne