Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Everything is going wrong - I could cry

Everything is going wrong - I could cry

Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:05 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Everything is going wrong - I could cry

Hello all,

Things are just going from bad to worse at the moment. A few weeks ago the TRA came back positive and husband is on the MODL list. Great we thought. Our migration agent sent of the visa application and told us the wait for MODL applications is currently 4 months. As you can imagine this was great news and we started getting the house sorted. Plan was to sell it before the visa came through, firstly to save us a bit of money as we can stay with friends but also so within a few weeks of the visa coming through we could leave and start our new lives.

Well that little ray of sunshine was crapped all over due to massive family comflict. Husband's family is finding it all very difficult and things have been very tense ever since. I am seen as the evil witch who is taking away thier son/brother and will never be forgiven. This has led to huge arguments between him and I as he excuses his family's dreadful behaviour. Ahhh just thinking about it makes me want to scream.

To add to this my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago. This came as a huge blow to the family but we were coping but another lump has since been found so we are waiting for a scan to see where else it has spread to and what the course of action will be.

But on top of the above I am now really struggling to cope as their is a question mark over husband's health. Before christmas he was off with a bad back - nothing to worry about we thought maybe just a strain from work or the gym (he is 33). However he found it really hard to walk and their were pains around his lower stomach so we went to the doctors. He was sent for a scan/xray and after what seemed like months waiting we had the reults. Back is fine but another area of he body was not the shape/size it should be (don't want to add too much detail) so they called him in. He has had a bit of an examination and the doc said things felt okay. However he has had to have blood tests. He had one the other week and something was too low so they were repeated last week. Results were back today and they are better but still not right so they want him to have another test in 6 weeks!!! This is ridiculous, we are supposed to be having medicals in a month and we are off to oz in 2 weeks on a rekkie! How can we go and enjoy overselves spending an absolute fortune that we can not afford if there is a question mark over his health.

This is driving me crazy, I am so stressed out and close to tears the enture time plus we are limited with who we can talk to about this. I can't say much at work as they don't know about oz and the pressure is just emense at the moment. I need to know he is okay.

We have spent so much money on the whole oz application and our agent and our quick trip to oz during easter (I am a teacher so it had to be then) but we may never make it for good if there is something terribly wrong with him. And if there isn't I need to know now and get the notes sorted else it is going to throw up all sorts of issues with our application.

Does anyone have any advise on what to expect from the medical and if the main applicant is a B will we still get in??

Sorry for going on, have had to be all smiles and happy happy today (am a primary school teacher) when all I wanted to do was sit in a corner and cry.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:17 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Everything is going wrong - I could cry

Originally Posted by Vernons
Hello all,

Things are just going from bad to worse at the moment. A few weeks ago the TRA came back positive and husband is on the MODL list. Great we thought. Our migration agent sent of the visa application and told us the wait for MODL applications is currently 4 months. As you can imagine this was great news and we started getting the house sorted. Plan was to sell it before the visa came through, firstly to save us a bit of money as we can stay with friends but also so within a few weeks of the visa coming through we could leave and start our new lives.

Well that little ray of sunshine was crapped all over due to massive family comflict. Husband's family is finding it all very difficult and things have been very tense ever since. I am seen as the evil witch who is taking away thier son/brother and will never be forgiven. This has led to huge arguments between him and I as he excuses his family's dreadful behaviour. Ahhh just thinking about it makes me want to scream.

To add to this my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago. This came as a huge blow to the family but we were coping but another lump has since been found so we are waiting for a scan to see where else it has spread to and what the course of action will be.

But on top of the above I am now really struggling to cope as their is a question mark over husband's health. Before christmas he was off with a bad back - nothing to worry about we thought maybe just a strain from work or the gym (he is 33). However he found it really hard to walk and their were pains around his lower stomach so we went to the doctors. He was sent for a scan/xray and after what seemed like months waiting we had the reults. Back is fine but another area of he body was not the shape/size it should be (don't want to add too much detail) so they called him in. He has had a bit of an examination and the doc said things felt okay. However he has had to have blood tests. He had one the other week and something was too low so they were repeated last week. Results were back today and they are better but still not right so they want him to have another test in 6 weeks!!! This is ridiculous, we are supposed to be having medicals in a month and we are off to oz in 2 weeks on a rekkie! How can we go and enjoy overselves spending an absolute fortune that we can not afford if there is a question mark over his health.

This is driving me crazy, I am so stressed out and close to tears the enture time plus we are limited with who we can talk to about this. I can't say much at work as they don't know about oz and the pressure is just emense at the moment. I need to know he is okay.

We have spent so much money on the whole oz application and our agent and our quick trip to oz during easter (I am a teacher so it had to be then) but we may never make it for good if there is something terribly wrong with him. And if there isn't I need to know now and get the notes sorted else it is going to throw up all sorts of issues with our application.

Does anyone have any advise on what to expect from the medical and if the main applicant is a B will we still get in??

Sorry for going on, have had to be all smiles and happy happy today (am a primary school teacher) when all I wanted to do was sit in a corner and cry.
Don't worry i'm sure all will work out find, You'll look back on this in months to come and just laugh it off.
Most people get them selfs worked up about the meds, but they aren't that bad.
Good luck

Suni & Jay
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:20 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Vernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond reputeVernons has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Everything is going wrong - I could cry

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Don't worry i'm sure all will work out find, You'll look back on this in months to come and just laugh it off.
Most people get them selfs worked up about the meds, but they aren't that bad.
Good luck

Suni & Jay
HiI wish this was to do with the medicals. If something is wrong with him then we wont even get to that stage. Can't believe it. Feel like we were getting close and now our opportunity may be taken away from us before we even get to the medicals.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Aw hun, you're certainly having a time of it aren't you.

Try to stay positive, I know it's difficult but things will work themselves out. Re Medicals, they will only refuse a visa if it is something that will cost them over a certain amount of money, I don't know how much though, someone will.

Here is the link to the information on medicals at DIMA.

All the best.

wendy
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:25 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, what a lot you are having to cope with all at one time!

I am sure you can come on here at any time and get many sympathetic ears to listen to as it sounds like you have a lack of those around you.

They say you can choose your friends but not your family and I know that is so very true. Just keep the thought that you are doing what you think is best for your family, if they seem to have a problem with your plans for the future then that is up to them to sort out.

You have bigger things to think about at the moment with your aunt and your husband. This may sound glib, but try not to worry until you know what you are dealing with, worry takes an awful lot of energy, and that energy could be used in so many better ways. Take heart from the fact that the docs have ordered another test in 6 weeks, if they though there was a massive problem they would have done more tests there and then!

I really, truly hope things work out for you and you get to oz for good.

Take care

Shirley x
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:26 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Sorry to hear that you're going through a really stressful time. Just try to remember that its all heightened because of the immigration process - everything seems worse than it is at the moment because we are all so stressed out. The medicals are really nothing to worry about. By the time you go for them you will have results from the docs explaining your husbands recent tests and the outcome and as long as you are given a letter (best to ask for this as soon as the results are through) then it should be ok.

Vent on here as much as you like - we all understand the stress you're going!

Take care and best of luck to you and your husband

Rach xxxx
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:27 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear your having a rough time, don't know what to say as we don't really know how serious your hubby's problem is, i would put his health first , take a deep breath and is there any way you could revise you time scale about things, is there an awful rush.

His health comes first and this would be my priority.

Good luck
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:27 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vernons
I don't have any practical advice to offer you as my visa experience is somewhat limited, but I did want to say that I'm sorry you're having such a lousy time of it.

If it helps at all, there are many people struggling with family issues like yours...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=360580&pp=15

It's strssful enough when everything is going ok, so I can't imagine how you're coping. I hope someone else here will be able to shed light on your medical probs. It might be helpful if you could say what came back 'low' ... some sort of blood count, or was it something more like a thyroid count? Some things are acceptable in Aus, and other things aren't as they'll be a drain on the system ...

Either way, I hope things improve.

Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:28 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Vernons

I'm sorry to hear you are having a tough time.Don't allow your self to get too down by everything that is happening.God will look after your auntie,make sure you pray for her and offer any advice that could be helpful.It's a tough call as to what you should do about your departure date to OZ.I'm sure your husband will be fine, more than likely just one of those things we go through as we age.

Heres a question,if you were to leave soon for OZ,what type of insurance covers the both of you in Australia? I believe most UK citizens are under the national health care network.If your husband needed medical care would that government insurance cover UK citizens who are living abroad? If the answer is no,it might be a consideration to push back your departure date so huby can get the clean bill of health before you leave. He is young so I'm sure what ever it is amounts to nothing major, but even small medical issues cost so much when you have to pay out of pocket.Consider your options and don't get too emotionally up or down about a plan moving date. They are mean't to be change when need be

Take care
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:55 pm
Sunshine Coast -Yeepee!!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for being so kind.

You are right in that if it was really urgent they would want to do bloods in a week and not six weeks. I will hold onto that thought. Husband explained situation to doctor receptionist today and the doctor is going to call him tomorrow to discuss it so hopefully that will shed some light on the situation.

The x-ray showed an enlarged prostate ( a sign of cancer) sp the doctor did an examination and she said everything felt okay. They then took some blood (blood count) and it came back low - which having looked on the internet is a sign of a virus. They took the bloods again last week and there is something still not right so they need to do them again.

What I need to know is are they now just looking for a virus or is this still linked to the prostate or is that okay now. I iwsh doctors would give people more information about what is going on.

Thanks for the advise of getting it on paper that fingers crossed things are sorted. I am worrying that even if things are fine the medical records wont reflect this and then that will cause an issue.

Hopefully husband's conversation with doctor tomorrow will answer things one way or the other and we will know whether to can cel rekkie in two weeks or to start looking forward to it.

Anyone with any medical training who could give me some advice would be fantastic.

Thanks everyone.
xx
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:56 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Good thoughts are with you both.
Kiwi
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of

Hello all,

I really feel for you.If you explain to the med DR i am sure it will just be a case of a letter from your doctor explaining what is going on.I was told by the med examiner that unless you have HIV or have something wrong that is going to cost oz a lot of money then there should be no problems.As reguards to your family i wouldnt worry they will come around in the end.My dad moved to spain a couple of years ago and i had feelings of how could he go and leave us and the grandkids ect but now i wouldnt want it any other way.when he sees them he spends quality time with them and i couldnt wish for a better life for him.So you do come round in the end.If you need to talk pm me at any time.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:03 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry your having a crap time as if the visa process aint stressful enough!!

If I had a magic wand id wave it and make everthing right,

Sorry cant be of much more use but positive vibes coming your way and fingers crossed everything will be fine!!!

Take Care

kris xx
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:06 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to hear you are going through the mill with it all.......life has a habit of throwing crap at you just when you dont need it I sure has heck know all about that!!

just take time out from all things visa-related.....you need to switch that particular drive off for a short while and get your husband sorted out.
Australia isnt going anywhere just yet.....and you are causing yourselves more grief that you can cope with!
If the thing with his prostate is really stressing him out, then get another appointment and tell the gp - say you NEED to know what this may be and what he thinks the outcome may be....if he tries to fob you (or your hubby) off, be assertive and point out how this is affecting your lives and your plans.

as an aside, if the gp thought it was anything...erm....'sinister', your hubby would have been in hospital fairly quickly!!! some men, especially the older ones , can have enlarged prostates.....and live for decades with it.

Me and my other half have been planning for aus for about 3 years now....and life just threw a spanner in the works again for us.
but like i said, aus isnt going anywhere just yet.......it'll wait. And if it gets to a point where we cant apply....then so be it.
life is too short....
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

so sorry you're feeling crap and having a bad time of everything hun! i know its easy for us all to say dont worry, but, weve just had a few months of hell too and finally i can see a little light at the end of the tunnel!

as for the cat b in the meds, as far as i know think i'm a b and there are others too, for being overweight for example! my doc told me any past history warrents a b!!!!!!!!!!!! would think thats each and every one of us then!!

i hope you startto feel better soon and your hubby gets well soon too. k on the way with good thoughts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.