Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IS EVERYONE TURNING THEIR LIGHTS OFF ON SAT EARTHHOUR

IS EVERYONE TURNING THEIR LIGHTS OFF ON SAT EARTHHOUR

Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Default Re: IS EVERYONE TURNING THEIR LIGHTS OFF ON SAT EARTHHOUR

No, turning my lights off for one hour a year is like taking a bucket of water out of the ocean to hold back a rising tide. (Pissing in the wind)

I do my bit for the environment everyday by turning off unused lights, recycling, not using plastic bags etc.

Nice thought but that is all it is. Feel good about turning off your lights for one hour but you are not stopping any polution.

Barney
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:50 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I will see your ice creams and raise you a deleted image.
nice one matt
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:51 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

lots of lights on around here i just looked out the window
Attached Thumbnails IS EVERYONE TURNING THEIR LIGHTS OFF ON SAT EARTHHOUR-pizza.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:52 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
nice one matt
I personally like this one....
Attached Thumbnails IS EVERYONE TURNING THEIR LIGHTS OFF ON SAT EARTHHOUR-leavetheinternet.jpg  
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:53 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britmichelle
nice to meet u by the way. My names Michelle
touche

nice to meet you too

i`m steve and i`m a sparky working in the goldcoast, queensland

where abouts are you and yours heading ??
Old Mar 29th 2008, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

britmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nice

touche

nice to meet you too

i`m steve and i`m a sparky working in the goldcoast, queensland

where abouts are you and yours heading ??

MMMMM Gold coast!!! hopefully
I have family just inland from the gold coast, near Robina
Depends on work prospects ultimately, also have family in Adelaide but the cooler winters don't appeal, been there done that
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:01 pm
Worongary

MMMMM Gold coast!!! hopefully
I have family just inland from the gold coast, near Robina
Depends on work prospects ultimately, also have family in Adelaide but the cooler winters don't appeal, been there done that
arh a new neighbour then
i`m up the hill at worongary ( about 8k from robina )

so i`ll be waiting with the bqq fired up and the presentational bottle of wine when you arrive

if you want to know the full story go to
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400962
be warned its bloody long thread now
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

britmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nicebritmichelle is just really nice

arh a new neighbour then

so i`ll be waiting with the bqq fired up and the presentational bottle of wine when you arrive

Ahhhhh thats where my cousin lives!!!!

well bbq n wine...... we'd have interesting converstaion anyway lol!!

I'm readin ur thread, you're damn right its a long un, up to page 19!!!
Got to admit looks like you have worked extremely hard. I'm coming alone so a renovation project would be unrealistic unfortunately
Old Mar 29th 2008, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

arh a new neighbour then

its a fab read and better than corrie
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

orca05 will become famous soon enoughorca05 will become famous soon enough

Oh you're quite the darling "little" man aren't you

your friendly local sparky on the GC - just remind me which suburb you're in and I'll make sure I never go near it

You n me are going to get on famously cough cough
Don't rise to it.Everyone has a right to express themselves I suppose.Good on you for making a right move to doing your bit for the enviroment.You will always get people who are negative about something that they don't see the point in.They are right and the rest of the world is wrong according to them.
Earth hour was just a symbol that we regonise what is happening to the planet and we all know it was not going to reduce global warming.It has opened up this dicussion so it has worked in making us all think even if some people won't admit it about changing things we do so we can be enviromently friendly.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 2:10 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orca05
Don't rise to it.Everyone has a right to express themselves I suppose.Good on you for making a right move to doing your bit for the enviroment.You will always get people who are negative about something that they don't see the point in.They are right and the rest of the world is wrong according to them.
Earth hour was just a symbol that we regonise what is happening to the planet and we all know it was not going to reduce global warming.It has opened up this dicussion so it has worked in making us all think even if some people won't admit it about changing things we do so we can be enviromently friendly.
Earth hour was just a media stunt, no better than a chain letter or a "please forward this onto 10 of your friends" email.

In my opinion, it did nothing to increase awareness of environmental issues....it just made a nice story for the reporters.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 2:12 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by markallwood
Earth hour was just a media stunt, no better than a chain letter or a "please forward this onto 10 of your friends" email.

In my opinion, it did nothing to increase awareness of environmental issues....it just made a nice story for the reporters.
you`ll only upst the tree huggers with that kind of remark
even though its true
Old Mar 30th 2008, 3:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Those people throwing insults and swearing in their posts, kindly wind your necks in. It's an emotive subject but there is no need to descend to using abuse and bad language.
Cut it out or I'll shut the thread.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 3:24 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markallwood

Did you read this?

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...000117,00.html

I found some of that rang true with me.

Of course it doesn't mean I don't give a monkey's about the environment, I just don't like to blindly buy into everything I see.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:24 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm global warming, melting ice caps, sea levels rising etc.
It's not all bad news is it. After a chilly night last night I could do with it a bit warmer. If the ice caps melt it'll be warmer for the penguins & polar bears, I always feel sorry for those poor buggers living up[& down] there in the cold all the time. If sea levels rise my house is 300m above so I could have a nice sea view then. It would be nice diving on places like Mooloolaba & seeing all those swanky ex beach side homes under 30 m of water.
Ahh bugger it, I'll put the outside Halogen ones on as well just to hurry things along a wee bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.