Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is everyone in Australia crooked?

Wikiposts

Is everyone in Australia crooked?

Old Mar 20th 2005, 11:56 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is everyone in Australia crooked?

Originally Posted by Badge
I happen to know that you were by all accounts pretty out of order - so it may take a while for some to listen, including me. But I like the fact you apologised which is very refreshing by the standards of the board.

Badge
Yep, agree.
It'll take a while to 'trust' again or something, but this is a good start, and apologising takes a lot of guts.
It still needs to sink in though that you've actually apologised after all these other posts recently!

Old Mar 21st 2005, 12:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
I can't speak on Polls behalf and shes busy packing at the mo, but i'm glad you listened, thank you
Thanks to Hevs for covering my absence......having fought my way out from behind the boxes (god, that sounds familiar, wasn't I writing that a year and a half ago....) I am now back online.........

======================================

Phoenix,

I accept your apology - I will take it as read that this covers the previous attack as well as this one, and lets just draw a line under the whole thing.

You've heard of cyber-hugs, well, this is a cyber-handshake.

Polly
Old Mar 21st 2005, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Stony is on a distinguished road

Bloody hell ! Can hardly believe what I'm reading, and you "oldies" have the nerve to complain that some of the newer folk on this forum are cliquey A worse display of cliqueyness i've yet to see from oldies or newies.

Edit : forgot to say, dont bother charging in and attacking me cos I've put everybody on my ignore list and banned myself from the forum cos I'm so disgusted by what I see happening on this thread.

Stony

Last edited by Stony; Mar 21st 2005 at 2:54 am. Reason: to add something
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:15 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Stony
Bloody hell ! Can hardly believe what I'm reading, and you "oldies" have the nerve to complain that some of the newer folk on this forum are cliquey A worse display of cliqueyness i've yet to see from oldies or newies.

Edit : forgot to say, dont bother charging in and attacking me cos I've put everybody on my ignore list and banned myself from the forum cos I'm so disgusted by what I see happening on this thread.

Stony
I don't think that anyone would attack you?????

It is the old thing of take it or leave it. If others have a disagreement, let them work through it in their way, as we have seen above. This is part of real life, it happens in families, pubs, football terraces, workplaces, etc.

To those that have had a few issues, may I applaud your responses and apologies, you are all nice folks and a shame to let it affect your postings.

M

Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:26 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stony

Stony
Hey Stony, I have seen threads on this forum that have completely disgusted me to the point where I cried at the mind set of some people (no exageration, one was very recently and as far as I am concerned the vast majority of people on that particular thread should be banned) but at the end of the day this Forum is great for helping people out, going both ways. I have been helped out loads of times and I like to think I might have helped someone out once or twice. Just ignore the crap (a bit of advise I should listen to myself), you never know when you might need somehting or someone might need that little bit of info that you have.

Hope all is goin well for you
Kala
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:33 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Hey Stony, I have seen threads on this forum that have completely disgusted me to the point where I cried at the mind set of some people (no exageration, one was very recently and as far as I am concerned the vast majority of people on that particular thread should be banned)
Kala
Was that me????

Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:36 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Superior
What do you mean 'the bloody europeans'? The UK has always been a part of europe, has it not?
I just think with Europe there are more chiefs and less indians - I have been working within education over the last few months in various departments dealing with a whole range of EU grants. It is amazing the crap that goes with that and the amount of pen pushers it has created.

Mind blowing :scared: :scared: I think it has eclipsed any "British" ways we had.

M

Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:42 am
Merlot

Probably. But it is no different for britain than for Sweden. Or Italy. Or Finland.
I think every country in Europe is just a swirl of paper work and no one knowing why they are doing it anymore.

Crazy maisie.

M

Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:51 am
blossom

Originally Posted by Merlot
I think every country in Europe is just a swirl of paper work and no one knowing why they are doing it anymore.

Crazy maisie.

M

I agree, if only because they change their own rules half way through! I am forever being asked for evidence, etc etc regarding my particular funding, even to evidence outputs that are not attached to the original grant!

Can we be sure it is the same in other EU countries?

At the end of the day it is govt beauracracy that dictates how we work to any funding provided, and if those at the top can't get a handle on it, how are we on the front line supposed to?

All I know is EU funding is a minefield and a bloody migraine of a headache to work within.

Blossom

Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:53 am
blossom

What do you mean 'the bloody europeans'? The UK has always been a part of europe, has it not?

No it hasn't.

We were Great Britain, United Kingdom, British Empire, long before we were members of the EU.

Blossom

Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:54 am
blossom

I apologise to all the europeans on this thread - no personal attack on you. My gripe is at the European Govt, MPs etc.

Blossom

Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:54 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by blossom
I agree, if only because they change their own rules half way through! I am forever being asked for evidence, etc etc regarding my particular funding, even to evidence outputs that are not attached to the original grant!

Can we be sure it is the same in other EU countries?

At the end of the day it is govt beauracracy that dictates how we work to any funding provided, and if those at the top can't get a handle on it, how are we on the front line supposed to?

All I know is EU funding is a minefield and a bloody migraine of a headache to work within.

Blossom
Sounds like we have been doing the same thing over here, I am at a Uni at the moment dealing with grants for Knowledge Transfer Projects and I used to work with the EQ8 scheme in the north east, nightmare :scared:

I think the power above us in the UK do have a part to play, but hey as long as our Tony looks lovely to the camera's, does he care?????

M

Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:59 am
blossom

Sounds like we have been doing the same thing over here, I am at a Uni at the moment dealing with grants for Knowledge Transfer Projects and I used to work with the EQ8 scheme in the north east, nightmare :scared:

I think the power above us in the UK do have a part to play, but hey as long as our Tony looks lovely to the camera's, does he care?????

M

I'd like to see some of our MP's operate within EU funding and especially put in returns with evidence etc!!! They'd soon ditch the EU if they had to do that !!

Hopefully, after this project I shall be winging my way to sunny Oz, and am determined never again to get employment where external funding pays the bills!

Hopefully hubby will get a nice job with lots of $$$$ and I can retire on a champagne lifestyle.

Blossom

Old Mar 21st 2005, 6:02 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by blossom
I'd like to see some of our MP's operate within EU funding and especially put in returns with evidence etc!!! They'd soon ditch the EU if they had to do that !!

Hopefully, after this project I shall be winging my way to sunny Oz, and am determined never again to get employment where external funding pays the bills!

Hopefully hubby will get a nice job with lots of $$$$ and I can retire on a champagne lifestyle.

Blossom
Oh like minds, me too with it all, bring on the champers!!!!!

M

Old Mar 21st 2005, 6:15 am
blossom

Oh like minds, me too with it all, bring on the champers!!!!!

M
Cheers m'dear, and if your ever in SE Qld, drop in, there will always be a bottle on ice!

Blossom

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.