Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

EVERYBODY: What is your situation??

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: What is your situation?
I’m a wannabe expat!!
60.76%
I’m in Oz/NZ and loving it, best move ever!!
14.77%
I’m in Oz/NZ and getting on with life, it’s ok!
10.55%
I’m in Oz/NZ but feeling a bit down/doubting the move.
2.53%
I’m in Oz/NZ but we’re (most probably) returning to the UK.
3.38%
I’ve returned to the UK after living in Oz/NZ and am happy now.
0.84%
I’ve returned to the UK but want to go back again.
0.84%
I don’t fit into above categories (i.e. an Aussie in Oz)
6.33%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

EVERYBODY: What is your situation??

Old May 4th 2004, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Simone
I am a British expat not Aussie.
Old May 4th 2004, 6:47 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by debsy
Simone
I am a British expat not Aussie.
Yeah, I knew (not that you can tell from my confusing posts )

It's still a 'big' group though, those 'Aussies in the UK going back with partners': Meganekno, Oztennis, bindi, and more (I know theres many more, but I'm terrible with names....)
Old May 4th 2004, 9:59 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Gmorning Simone.
I'm in Oz getting on with life. Coming here was the right move but I'll detail more in a post later.
Old May 4th 2004, 10:05 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Gmorning Simone.
I'm in Oz getting on with life. Coming here was the right move but I'll detail more in a post later.
I thought as much.

I do remember a long while ago, you talking about if you guys were gonna have kids in Oz or the UK... that you weren't sure about that yet??
Not that I think you can ever be sure about stuff like that...but how do you two feel now?

I'll probably read you post in the morning.
Old May 4th 2004, 10:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here and getting on with it; think I'm emerging from the " oh god what have I done" phase - so take heart people in the same boat, just keep going and things might start to feel better!
I've had a few doubts, but I've never thought of seriously going back.
Old May 4th 2004, 10:34 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Here and loving it

Best thing I ever did.

I have now been here three years and have not been back to UK in that time. I miss family and friends and certain things about England, but miss nothing enough to make me want to go back for anything other than a holiday.

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old May 4th 2004, 10:40 am
rudo1ph

Here and loving it! Only been here since August, but have been away from the UK since May 2002.............

Old May 4th 2004, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Got our PR visas, validated them in Feb. (Melbourne)

Waiting until wife completes Nurse Training and def. going back. (Perth or Brissie)
Old May 4th 2004, 12:22 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EVERYBODY: What is your situation??

I'me a wannabee who may decide to apply for a visa one day
Old May 4th 2004, 12:22 pm
ABCDiamond

An interesting poll

It made me think.
At different stages in my life, I could have ticked every one of those options, except the last one.

I'm happy to say though, that I am now at the stage that I was able to tick no 2.

Old May 4th 2004, 1:11 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

I'd fit in the bottom category I guess. I'm an Australian ex-pat living in the USA. Just going through the process of getting my wife a spouse visa so we can go home to Brisbane, before the US implodes.

Registering my kids as Aussies by descent as we speak.
Old May 4th 2004, 1:20 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ulujain
I'd fit in the bottom category I guess. I'm an Australian ex-pat living in the USA. Just going through the process of getting my wife a spouse visa so we can go home to Brisbane, before the US implodes.

Registering my kids as Aussies by descent as we speak.
Interesting you say that. Has the country gone into terror paranoia or are you referring to the economy?
Old May 4th 2004, 1:21 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I ticked the here and life is ok one because at the moment I am
B-O-R-E-D out of my skull during the day because I am not working and hoovering the carpet seven times a week is not my idea of living life to the full!

But once I find a job I enjoy I will be ticking number 2, I am sure.
Old May 4th 2004, 1:32 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bondipom
Interesting you say that. Has the country gone into terror paranoia or are you referring to the economy?
Terror paranoia to a certain extent. To me, what happened 9/11 is reinforcing hidebound ideas a lot of Americans had toward foreigners etc. I could seriously elaborate, but I'm not of a mind to do so on a forum like this.

And I have no desire to raise my kids in the US or take them to American schools.

But for me, mainly, it's like Dorothy said; they're ain't no place like home. Home for me technically is Sydney as it is where I've lived most of my life and it's where I was born.

I'd rather live in Brisbane again as the lifestyle and pace of things suit me to a T.
Old May 4th 2004, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Well I ticked number 2.

25 year anniversary of arrival is later this year - so I can be fairly confident I'm not going to change my mind now .

I can also add that I've never had a moment's regret in all that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.