Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

EVERYBODY: What is your situation??

View Poll Results: What is your situation?
I’m a wannabe expat!!
60.76%
I’m in Oz/NZ and loving it, best move ever!!
14.77%
I’m in Oz/NZ and getting on with life, it’s ok!
10.55%
I’m in Oz/NZ but feeling a bit down/doubting the move.
2.53%
I’m in Oz/NZ but we’re (most probably) returning to the UK.
3.38%
I’ve returned to the UK after living in Oz/NZ and am happy now.
0.84%
I’ve returned to the UK but want to go back again.
0.84%
I don’t fit into above categories (i.e. an Aussie in Oz)
6.33%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

EVERYBODY: What is your situation??

Old May 4th 2004, 2:05 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default EVERYBODY: What is your situation??

Ok, I like polls, and this one hasn't been done for a while (if ever this comprehensive, though I'm sure to forget something/one)

So, I think this covers everyone...

Oh, and that last category is also for UK'ers who've decided not to go(yet), like Jack Daws. And the Aussies like Mrs Dagboy, and Megs for example.
Old May 4th 2004, 2:14 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Good post Simone.
Old May 4th 2004, 2:15 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, interesting to see how it goes when more people vote
Old May 4th 2004, 2:18 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I agree

I could've made more variations to the feeling great/happy/normal/homesick/sad/angry in Oz, but it would've got a bit long (though you can have 15 choices in a poll...)

Now, I saw that there were about 13 views in here (and maybe that's some people looking twice), but still, it's obvious not everybody is voting So, hop to it!
Old May 4th 2004, 2:25 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Most people in Oz should be in bed by now, so this poll won't balance out till late tonight when they start waking up...
THough, I still think there'll be more wannabe's than anyone else!
Old May 4th 2004, 2:32 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Hmmm, now I'm curious to who the person is who posted in the last category!
Yes, this is anonymous, but if you don't mind....
Old May 4th 2004, 2:44 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone82
Hmmm, now I'm curious to who the person is who posted in the last category!
Yes, this is anonymous, but if you don't mind....
Well Im #3 in the last category if that helps.

Not all of us over here are asleep, obviously .
Old May 4th 2004, 2:47 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Most people in Oz should be in bed by now, so this poll won't balance out till late tonight when they start waking up...
THough, I still think there'll be more wannabe's than anyone else!

It's only 10.47pm here in Perth
Old May 4th 2004, 2:56 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting poll - well done!

I voted in the here and lifes ok one - nice to see that one included.

Also I agree these type of polls are interesting and need redone over time cause the group dynamics change, if you had asked me 12 months ago I hated the bloody place and wanted 'home' so much, but I have changed over time.

A stint working away in NZ helped and a bloody big payrise today was even better

Still as cynical as ever about the place, but then nowhere is as good as Belfast! I have rose tinted grass is greener specs for my homeland I left 18 yrs ago

Cheers
Old May 4th 2004, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

I voted #3 as well.

I didn't go higher 'cos we've only been here 7 months so it's still too early to say, but.....

We're both working
Young 'un likes his school (seems to be doing well, can tie own shoes, read and rite loike wot I can!)
He has plenty of friends
H has just had a 16% pay rise!! (house husband here I come!!)
We've just signed to start building
Weather is great
Food is great (my appetite has gone mad but I haven't started to load it on yet ???)
Still find top places to go on the cheap (Araluen {sp} park last Sunday).

There's still a rack of stuff that could get on my thruppenies but what's the point in whingeing about the cr@p when you can get on and enjoy the good stuff.

Go on Statto, I'm sure you can trot out some quote/stats to prove I'm not having a good time
Old May 4th 2004, 3:51 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by janeyray
It's only 10.47pm here in Perth
Hmm, oops, got a bit mixed up with the time....
With daylightsavings the time difference Holland-Perth is only 6 hours.
But it's at least 8 hours in QLD isn't it? So about 1 pm?

I need to put batteries in my Perth clock again!! It's getting more important now!

See: New York, Perth and Tokyo need batteries....
Attached Thumbnails EVERYBODY: What is your situation??-clocks.jpg  
Old May 4th 2004, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Simone
I voted for the last one because I am an expat but I am not in Oz yet
Old May 4th 2004, 4:25 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by debsy
Simone
I voted for the last one because I am an expat but I am not in Oz yet
ahhh, of course!
Ah, and people like Oztennis and Meganekno will probably will in that one too.
Old May 4th 2004, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

bindi is an unknown quantity at this point

ahhh, of course!
Ah, and people like Oztennis and Meganekno will probably will in that one too.
Hi,

I voted in the last one... but if you ask this again in Sept/Oct I hope I can vote in the second one!!!

I'm an Aussie who's been in UK for nearly 4 years and ready to go home now! Just sorting out our Spouse visa... fingers crossed!!!

Cheers,
bindi
Old May 4th 2004, 6:13 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by bindi
Hi,

I voted in the last one... but if you ask this again in Sept/Oct I hope I can vote in the second one!!!

I'm an Aussie who's been in UK for nearly 4 years and ready to go home now! Just sorting out our Spouse visa... fingers crossed!!!

Cheers,
bindi
Yep, fingers crossed!

I forgot you guys are such a big group! Should've made a seperate category...
And I even sort of belong in that group too, I'm half Aussie And Australia is one of my homes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.