Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is everybody on here going to PERTH!!!!?????

Is everybody on here going to PERTH!!!!?????

Old Aug 17th 2007, 2:27 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is everybody on here going to PERTH!!!!?????

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Although I have done 38 degrees in Hobart and only 3 degrees in Brisbane....
but not on the same day.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 3:23 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by sammyg
Hmmm would have thought 'is everyone on here off to brisbane' would be more accurate
as that appears to be where the majority are going at the mo???
Alot come to Perth, realise their mistake and head for Brissy.

My in-laws are doing just that.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 4:30 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Alot come to Perth, realise their mistake and head for Brissy.

My in-laws are doing just that.
A lot go to Adelaide realise their mistake and come to Perth too. I have met several.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Adelaide for a year and have now moved to Perth, its so much nicer here thats why people come.

Its true there are a lot of brits which is an added bonus, most people you meet have english relatives, have been to england ro have some sort of english connection.

The streets are far better designed and bigger than adelaide, its easier to get around and for me perth has a newer and fresher feel than the old citys to the east.

I think it comes down to personal taste though, you have to see a few citys to feel whats right for you, dont make the mistake many people do and just go to one city and live there the rest of your life puttting up with stuff you dont like. There could be a much nicer place waiting for you...maybe Perth
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:06 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
A lot go to Adelaide realise their mistake and come to Perth too. I have met several.
Maybe we are all just going round in circles round Australia
Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:41 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Is everybody on here going to PERTH!!!!?????

Originally Posted by mike-Ju
Hi

just seems like everyone is off to Perth, what is the draw? Am I missing something?
Adelaide.

Old Aug 17th 2007, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by worzel
We moved to WA mainly because hubby had a job offer + my sister in law is already here (moved out 20 years ago). Relatives in a certain location is always going to attract a few more to that same area. I wouldn't rule out moving to other states further down the road. I go to a playgroup and there are just as many Australians from the other states arriving each week as there are English. Sometimes it gets so childish when people respond to these threads. Can't everyone keep it simple.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:22 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
We moved to WA mainly because hubby had a job offer + my sister in law is already here (moved out 20 years ago). Relatives in a certain location is always going to attract a few more to that same area. I wouldn't rule out moving to other states further down the road. I go to a playgroup and there are just as many Australians from the other states arriving each week as there are English. Sometimes it gets so childish when people respond to these threads. Can't everyone keep it simple.
I thought it was a valid point. The original question was about Perth -> there were comments that people come here for not always the right reasons -> someone pointed out that some don't settle and head east and I sought to balance that out by pointing out that there is as much re-settling TO Perth as there is OUT of Perth.

How on earth is that "childish"????
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future

We are going to Sydney, been there before on the Working Holiday visa and travelled the east coast, it is beautiful...