Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Every Bus Sheleter in Ocean Reef Smashed Up

Every Bus Sheleter in Ocean Reef Smashed Up

Old May 8th 2006, 2:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Every Bus Sheleter in Ocean Reef Smashed Up

Originally Posted by Ransi
I've yet to see a bus shelter...
The only thing of note I find about bus shelters is the way kids stand at them in 7 degrees without coats or jumpers. Most of the time, it is only kids too.

Kids don't feel the cold, it's true.

Badge

PS In London, I used to wonder who 'Lieutenant Adshel' was.

(LT Adshel on all the shelters)
Old May 8th 2006, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

We have a bus shelter not 50 yards from the side entrance to our house.......that is also smashed up regularly.
What really gives me the shits is that is the only route I can take Lampard for a run, and the pavement is covered in glass. Ever tried carrying a 30 kg full grown male boxer?????? Bloody nightmare it is.
Really, reaaly pis*es me off!!!!

Thats my monday moan
Old May 8th 2006, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Tumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really niceTumbleweed is just really nice

Stuff like that happens when you live in a city
Old May 8th 2006, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Wouldnt really class where we live as 'in the city'.
We live by Burns Beach, North Perth
Old May 8th 2006, 6:16 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Wouldnt really class where we live as 'in the city'.
We live by Burns Beach, North Perth
neither would I..
Old May 8th 2006, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Maldepays will become famous soon enough

I was once walking past a bus shelter near the library at the corner of Warwick Road and Marmion, where a bloke was changing the advertising, and I asked him how often the glass got smashed up. He got really quite defensive and made out that it hardly ever happened!! Must be company policy to say that as it's patently a load of bollocks. I lost count of the number of smashed up bus shelters one saw in the northern suburbs...along with the number of bottles littering the nature strip, thrown from passing cars.
Old May 8th 2006, 7:49 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Wanton vandalism - is there any other kind? - is a fact of Australian life. The youf here is completely brain dead. I have never in my life seen such vacant eyes in so many idle heads.
Old May 8th 2006, 9:23 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Wanton vandalism - is there any other kind? - is a fact of Australian life. The youf here is completely brain dead. I have never in my life seen such vacant eyes in so many idle heads.
Maybe i am missing some intended hunour in your post, but you cannot tar everyone with the same brush. Vandalism happens the world over, it's not nice, it's not pleasanr but it is sadly a fact of life. It is not though an excuse to slag off the entire youth of a country. The majority of young people would be as outraged as everyoine else about it, but they'd be even more outraged if they thought that they would be deemed as guilty as those who had done it.

My father who is in his 80s frequently balmes everything on "youngfry" (a term which bugs the hell out of me) i have no idea where his hatred of young people comes from, and feel really sorry for the millions of young people out there who get served up a raw deal by people who presume that because they are young they are trouble.

Rant over.....

Lynn
Old May 8th 2006, 9:30 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Vandalism happens the world over, it's not nice, it's not pleasanr but it is sadly a fact of life. It is not though an excuse to slag off the entire youth of a country.
Why not?

Happens on here all the time when something bad happens in the UK.

G
Old May 8th 2006, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Quite agree with you Lynn...........not all teenagers are shites. My 2 are pretty good kids.
Its like on the trains......whenever the trains get full the kids I see ALWAYS get up for others and I take the train everyday.
The business men are the worst. I have seen pregnant woman and elderly people standing, whilst they stick their noses in their papers 'pretending' they havent seen them, then spend all day sitting their snottly little arses in their executive chairs at the office!!!
Rant over........
Old May 8th 2006, 9:54 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Quite agree with you Lynn...........not all teenagers are shites. My 2 are pretty good kids.
Its like on the trains......whenever the trains get full the kids I see ALWAYS get up for others and I take the train everyday.
The business men are the worst. I have seen pregnant woman and elderly people standing, whilst they stick their noses in their papers 'pretending' they havent seen them, then spend all day sitting their snottly little arses in their executive chairs at the office!!!
Rant over........
You are soooo right there Sandra, makes me think of that HBF advert Truth is for every bad one out there you'll find loads more good ones (thankfully). I just hope that when i get old (er) i don't hate everyone like my dad does.... actually my brother and i have a pact, if either of us gets like him we shoot them

Lynn
Old May 8th 2006, 11:19 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by movetoperth
Maybe i am missing some intended hunour in your post, but you cannot tar everyone with the same brush. Vandalism happens the world over, it's not nice, it's not pleasanr but it is sadly a fact of life. It is not though an excuse to slag off the entire youth of a country. The majority of young people would be as outraged as everyoine else about it, but they'd be even more outraged if they thought that they would be deemed as guilty as those who had done it.

My father who is in his 80s frequently balmes everything on "youngfry" (a term which bugs the hell out of me) i have no idea where his hatred of young people comes from, and feel really sorry for the millions of young people out there who get served up a raw deal by people who presume that because they are young they are trouble.

Rant over.....

Lynn
No, you were not missing some unintended humour!

In fact, I was going to add that - obviously - I was speaking in generalisations. Unfortunately I pressed the "send" instead of "preview" and was too idle to go back.

*However*, I have to say that, even in a small and very affluent area we suffer from continuous vandalism. $120000 worth of damage to the main drag shop fronts in one night a couple of weeks ago fr example. And the national curse - arson - is alive and well. A fireman told us last week that it is totally out of control: at 2 and 3 in the morning every night gangs of drunken 10 to 18 year olds roam around smashing things up and setting fire to whatever will burn. The previous night he had gone out to a nearly complete renovation which was torched and was a writeoff by the time they arrived.

Yes, it can happen anywhere but by crikey if anyone remotely imagines that by leaving the UK and coming to Oz they will be escaping from it they have a steep learning curve ahead!
Old May 8th 2006, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
No, you were not missing some unintended humour!

In fact, I was going to add that - obviously - I was speaking in generalisations. Unfortunately I pressed the "send" instead of "preview" and was too idle to go back.

*However*, I have to say that, even in a small and very affluent area we suffer from continuous vandalism. $120000 worth of damage to the main drag shop fronts in one night a couple of weeks ago fr example. And the national curse - arson - is alive and well. A fireman told us last week that it is totally out of control: at 2 and 3 in the morning every night gangs of drunken 10 to 18 year olds roam around smashing things up and setting fire to whatever will burn. The previous night he had gone out to a nearly complete renovation which was torched and was a writeoff by the time they arrived.

Yes, it can happen anywhere but by crikey if anyone remotely imagines that by leaving the UK and coming to Oz they will be escaping from it they have a steep learning curve ahead!

Why is arson rife here 3 x 15 year olds burnt out three superstores late last year at kawana, and then went down the road and did 2 more shops. Dropped sons mate back at waterbury park estate, very dense population area, kids had set a fire in bushland backing homes, if it had been summer or windy it probably would have gone out of control and homes lost. Third instance was a house we built for mates, total bushland, one way out no other exit, local kids set fires in their garbage cans, again different weather conditions would have been an inferno. I suspect few of the bushfires here are acts of nature more acts of damn idiots.
Old May 8th 2006, 1:47 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wol
No Rog,

Its is a worldwide issue - the western world at least.

Blame it on the parents - maybe ?

Off...... and fingers..........and chopping....... still spring to mind .

Jim
Old May 8th 2006, 7:39 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Rightly or wrongly, I am a great believer in the "Arab" form of justice for these toe-rags (and that includes the petty thieves as well as the vandals).

Depending on the severity of the crime a set number of fingers are "removed".

Not likely to re-offend then.

Jim

Im with you on that one Jim.

Joex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.