Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Everton v Manchester United (FA Cup 5th Round)

Everton v Manchester United (FA Cup 5th Round)

Old Jan 31st 2005, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Everton v Manchester United (FA Cup 5th Round)

I'll be in Perth validating and need to find a decent alehouse where I can watch the Blues dump United & Rooney out of the Cup.

Anyone tell me where the Brits like to gather to watch the game ?

City centre bars would be favourable.

Three Legs

"And if yer know yer history"
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Re: Everton v Manchester United (FA Cup 5th Round)

Can you watch The Premiership and FA Cup in Australia...I bloomin well hope so. Thats one thing I am gonna miss so much.

SS
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

MarkO'G is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Three Legs,

Not sure about Everton winning the game! United will turn you over with Rooney scoring the winner!!!!

However, I can recommend a pub if it still shows the football. It is called 'The Brisbane Hotel' it is on the edge of Northbridge. It is at the corner of Brisbane Street and Beaufort Rd, close to the Perth Oval. It is not the greatest pub/bar (A bit rough compared to other pubs in the area - may have changed). However, it always showed live football and attracted quite a few backpackers from the local hostels in the area.

While you have me reminiscing about Perth. There was a great restaurant about 5 minutes walk away on Willaim St called Viet Hoa. Cheap and chearful but the food was great and always packed. Maybe some of you in Perth can confirm it is still there??

Cheers

Mark
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:13 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

I will be a token blue on that day.....Anyone but United..........and I mean ANYONE...

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I'll be in Perth validating and need to find a decent alehouse where I can watch the Blues dump United & Rooney out of the Cup.

Three Legs

Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:20 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gsb
I will be a token blue on that day.....Anyone but United..........and I mean ANYONE...
I thought that was just me!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

eilish22 is an unknown quantity at this point

come on you red !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Everton v Manchester United (FA Cup 5th Round)

Originally Posted by Three Legs

Three Legs

Hey three legs,
I shall still be here unfortunately but will be at Goodison, and as you know the whole of the stadium will rise as one, and welcome young Wayne back and give him a big cheer for abandoning his boyhood club.
We all wish him well and I for one hope he continues to blossom in his career and thank him for those 4 or 5 good games in the previous 2 seasons.

COYB
Old Jan 31st 2005, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

gary-o is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Everton v Manchester United (FA Cup 5th Round)

Don't bother finding a pub/hotel or bar..........you will only get upset watching Mr. Rooney destroy your back four.
A united win....3-1
Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough

Hi all i am sorry but have to say manchester united will win.
We are a big fan of them so come on your man united.
And of couse are old town Morecambe football club are doing great.keep it going good old morecambe town just for our kids.

Take care all

Ann Marie who loves football yes a lady who love it
Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:51 pm
Merlot

I hope Man U wins as after the last game, Chelsea was it, the cats ears haven't returned to normal from the blue language and I can't divorce him on the grounds of being an over the top Man U fan :scared: Or can I? Even the neighbour said he would move if he had to endure another 90 minutes

And before anyone asks or mentions band wagons, he is a rare breed of Man U fan, he is a born and bred Manc boy, went to his first game in 1976 and then on until emigrating to Oz in 1987! He followed them when they were really CRAP!!!

M

Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:04 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I thought that was just me!
Oh no you are definitely not alone..... There are thousands in Manchester who feel the same way..........
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

I was there on Saturday and saw Rooneys goals
No Chance of Everton winning !!

Does any one know if there is a Man U supporters club branch in Brisbane ??

If not does anyone fancy signing up from July

OOOCH just saving myself from the knives being thrown at me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

sharkbait is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Can you watch The Premiership and FA Cup in Australia...I bloomin well hope so. Thats one thing I am gonna miss so much.

SS
Premiership on Foxsports, FA cup on ESPN. Join the nightowls !!
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Location: ex-Lancashire, ex-Northern suburbs, Perth WA, now Switzerland
cyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura aboutcyclemark has a spectacular aura about

The words 'decent', 'alehouse' and 'Perth' do not often appear in the same sentence.....you have been warned!

Yes, you can watch Premiership and FA Cup in Aus, but not on free to air tv. Weekly Premiership highlights used to be on SBS, but Mr Murdock priced them out of the market....
Old Feb 1st 2005, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sharkbait
Premiership on Foxsports, FA cup on ESPN. Join the nightowls !!
Indeed - I was up until about 3:30am Sunday watching United v Boro live on ESPN. United v Arsenal is live this week, but I'll probably tape that as I have to be up for work. I also believe United's league game is on this weekend.

As for the Brisbane Hotel (mentioned elsewhere) it is apparently the pre-match drinking hole of choice for Perth Glory home games. It had a relaunch recently following a refit.

See this report for more details...

http://www.gloryboys.net/default.asp...article&ID=520