Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ever thought of posting video clips of AUZ??

Ever thought of posting video clips of AUZ??

Old May 18th 2005, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road
Default Ever thought of posting video clips of AUZ??

HI, im obviously not the first person to suggest this i think, but wouldnt it be cool if those who have been on Reccies have somewhere to post some MPEGS of footage taken while researching OZ.

Basically, were going to Perth in November hopefully, and a lot of our time will be spent looking around areas. Were going to film a lot when were out there, so i was thinking, if i copied useful bits into MPEGS, would it be useful for others?? i dont know maybe maybe not, just wanted to know some thoughts.

Could post them on my own website or a common one we all know or convince one of the AUZ forums to host them. I think its a good idea to film say suburbs, beaches, life in general. I dont know if anybody already has potential footage on their camcorders? i see that pics are often used, just think that footage might be useful.

Another reason why i think this, is because the lack of videos around showing this kind of thing, im having to resort to Billy Connelly's world tour of Asutralia to get the best footage so far

if its a crap idea, then sorry, just had a little brain wave, dont have many, so il wallow in it for 5 mins before someone comes along and says its been done and dun work

tony
Old May 18th 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ever thought of posting video clips of AUZ??

Guess not
Old May 18th 2005, 11:07 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonyclark
HI, im obviously not the first person to suggest this i think, but wouldnt it be cool if those who have been on Reccies have somewhere to post some MPEGS of footage taken while researching OZ.

Basically, were going to Perth in November hopefully, and a lot of our time will be spent looking around areas. Were going to film a lot when were out there, so i was thinking, if i copied useful bits into MPEGS, would it be useful for others?? i dont know maybe maybe not, just wanted to know some thoughts.

Could post them on my own website or a common one we all know or convince one of the AUZ forums to host them. I think its a good idea to film say suburbs, beaches, life in general. I dont know if anybody already has potential footage on their camcorders? i see that pics are often used, just think that footage might be useful.

Another reason why i think this, is because the lack of videos around showing this kind of thing, im having to resort to Billy Connelly's world tour of Asutralia to get the best footage so far

if its a crap idea, then sorry, just had a little brain wave, dont have many, so il wallow in it for 5 mins before someone comes along and says its been done and dun work

tony
It is a nice idea but there isn't the facility to do that on this site. Mpegs are a bit large. I recall somone flogging DVDs of suburbs so I guess there would be a demand. Getting decent footage just takes a lot longer to put together than posting up a few jpegs.
Old May 19th 2005, 1:04 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a video clip of me, diving with some sharks (it might take a while to download on a modem).

http://sponsored.uwa.edu.au/ningaloo...2/MVI_3155.avi
Old May 19th 2005, 1:15 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by renth
Here's a video clip of me, diving with some sharks (it might take a while to download on a modem).
Rather you than me, but wicked clip!
Old May 19th 2005, 1:26 am
owieb

Originally Posted by renth

http://sponsored.uwa.edu.au/ningaloo...2/MVI_3155.avi
Nice one Renth!