Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ever been on UK/Oz tv?

Ever been on UK/Oz tv?

Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:11 pm
Banned

Assegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant futureAssegai has a brilliant future
Default Ever been on UK/Oz tv?

Back in Xmas 2005, went to Mrs McQuarries chair with all the other ex-pats, tourists etc for the yearly beamback to GMTV to say hi to relatives back home.

Went with my 2 girls (then aged 20 and 19) and managed to get our 30 secs of individual fame on the basis that (my misses) their Mum had been abandoned back in blighty. Nice for her and the other friends/relatives to see us sunning ourselves with the Opera House in the background while they had the central heating up full blast. A slight irony that the only time I've got on UK national tv was from 10,000 miles away.

A couple of months later Me and the younger dtr made a belated decision to go to the SCG (her one and only time she'd ever seen a cricket game) and watch Australia beat S Africa on the last day of the last test series - Punter and Hados made big runs smashing Pollock and Nel all round the park.

The camera always seems to pan round and focus on the telegenic females and my dtr's mug got shown on the big screen for several seconds along with Channel 9. For some reason the camera avoided me although I was sitting next to her.

The thing is she was in a trance all day, mind miles away as she couldn't even recall Ponting's name yet alone the fact that he'd won the match for Oz. She wanted to meet Warnie after the game but they still had security at the entrances half an hour after the match finished so that was a no go. I said we'd see him when Hampshire played, 2008 was meant to be his swansong but unfortunately for her he belatedly decided that 2007 was his last season.