Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Evening out in Moololaba

Evening out in Moololaba

Old Mar 24th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough
Default Evening out in Moololaba

Hi

We will be in Mooloolaba on our reccie over easter weekend. It is also my husband's birthday on 7th April.

Can any of you recommend a place to go for the evening - food, drink, possibly music - and child friendly as we will have our two daughters in tow.

Any thoughts appreciated
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future
Default Re: Evening out in Moololaba

Originally Posted by micnic
Hi

We will be in Mooloolaba on our reccie over easter weekend. It is also my husband's birthday on 7th April.

Can any of you recommend a place to go for the evening - food, drink, possibly music - and child friendly as we will have our two daughters in tow.

Any thoughts appreciated
How old are your 2 daughters?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 12:34 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Any thoughts appreciated

Try the Surf Club, it's child friendly and fulfills the rest of your requirements. Take a jacket for while your dining as he aircon makes the place like a bloody fridge
Old Mar 24th 2007, 8:08 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Try the Surf Club, it's child friendly and fulfills the rest of your requirements. Take a jacket for while your dining as he aircon makes the place like a bloody fridge
I had the most fantastic evening out in Moololaba once, got spastically drunk, danced all night and ended up walking home along the beach at 4am.

I have no idea what the club was called that I was in, no idea what I drank, and no idea who I was with (although I do remember being carried home by a Canadian girl and a bloke from Birmingham).

hmmmm not child friendly.... I'll shut up now.

Buzzy
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

micnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the roughmicnic is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by brasso
How old are your 2 daughters?
6 and 3
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

brasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant futurebrasso has a brilliant future

6 and 3
My kids are 10, 7 and 4 and I found the Mooloolaba surf club a little restrictive once they had eaten, nothing for them to do. However, 5 mins down the road on the Nicklin Way there is a place in Kawana called The Kawana Waters Hotel.. they have a free clown entertainer saturday and sunday afternoon and a playground and kids computer room.. they do good kids meals and are children friendly... kids can stay there with you until 9pm. It backs onto the marina and water, so nice relaxing outlook, so everyone is happy.. Maggie
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brasso
My kids are 10, 7 and 4 and I found the Mooloolaba surf club a little restrictive once they had eaten, nothing for them to do. However, 5 mins down the road on the Nicklin Way there is a place in Kawana called The Kawana Waters Hotel.. they have a free clown entertainer saturday and sunday afternoon and a playground and kids computer room.. they do good kids meals and are children friendly... kids can stay there with you until 9pm. It backs onto the marina and water, so nice relaxing outlook, so everyone is happy.. Maggie
Sounds great - we'll give it a try

Thanks Maggie
Old Mar 25th 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Its a little drive from Mooloolaba , but i can recomend Caloundra RSL they do good food , entertainment and the kids club is fantastic my two love it (6 and 8 ) I think its $6 each child for non members for 3hours they have people to keep an eye on the kids for you , and there are games , films , drawing painting , playstations etc . They can stay and play while you go and have a drink (or two)Have a job to get our kids out of there at the end of the night.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

We found the Mooloolaba Surf Club very similar to a Working Man's Club here in the UK.

Great for a cheeky lager or 5 with your mates, but not ideal for the kids.

We stayed in the Landmark Resort opposite the Surf Club and some of the sights and sounds we experienced were hilarious (but not at 2 in the morning!!)

Cheers

TicTac
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Any thoughts appreciated
You could try the Maroochy RSL, you can deffo get some food and they normally have music on. I'm pretty sure that they have a kids area upstairs as well (free of charge)