Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Even More Confused After Reading These Posts!

Even More Confused After Reading These Posts!

Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

originalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura about
Default Even More Confused After Reading These Posts!

What is the best route to follow? I reach the required points for skilled independent, as a carpenter. but after reading loads of posts here it would seem that state nominated is the way to go..... What is the difference between the 2 and does 1 have more advantages than the other.......

Cheers

Gary
Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:45 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Even More Confused After Reading These Posts!

Originally posted by originalfunster
What is the best route to follow? I reach the required points for skilled independent, as a carpenter. but after reading loads of posts here it would seem that state nominated is the way to go..... What is the difference between the 2 and does 1 have more advantages than the other.......

Cheers

Gary

hi gary,
to go stni you have to have an occupation which is on their own occupation in demand list. they will then consider your application and if they like the sound of you will sponsor you, and I think you get processed quicker. the downside is that you have to stay in that state for at least 2 years. South aus and victoria do stni, but cant remember which others do it. heres a link to the south aus site
www.immigration.sa.gov.au/site/index.cfm
sure someone else can tell you the other states!

Sue
Old Dec 7th 2003, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

ahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to allahappychappy is a name known to all

G' Day,

Think the best route for you is the skilled independent. Do you have any close relatives in Oz. If so try the skilled Sponsored approach.

Cheers

Gary
Old Dec 7th 2003, 11:54 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Gary,

If you are thinking of moving to SA or VIC and want a visa decision relatively quickly I would consider a State Nomination (as Sue has said).

The only other State that is presently involved in offering State Nominations is TAS.

More information is here (not sure whether you've seen this already):
http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=285

Best regards.

Cheers

Gary
Old Dec 8th 2003, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

originalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura aboutoriginalfunster has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for all the info in such a short period, have had great fun trying to work through all the options and keep my sanity.......
Old Dec 8th 2003, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

stotty is on a distinguished road

Hiya,

Like the others have said, skilled independent = no geographical restrictions on where you can work/live, but visa application process takes approx. 6 - 12 months. STNI = restricted to living/working in sponsoring state for min. 2 years (SA and Victoria do STNI), but application process is a bit quicker (3 - 6 months typically).

If you're not in any rush or don't know where you want to live, go with the skilled independent