Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Eurovision Song Contest

Eurovision Song Contest

Old May 3rd 2005, 3:30 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Eurovision Song Contest

What's the quickest way to get slated and lose (what little) credibility you may have on BE? Admit to being a closet fan of Eurovision. So, there! I've said it! And after much panic over recent weeks, realising that the 'competition' was looming and worrying that it probably wouldn't be shown over here, I find that SBS is, in fact, my saviour! Not only is Eurovision being shown in Aus, but Terry Wogan is commentating!! Yay! How happy am I?! (Shut up the man at the back that said 'sad more like'.)

So, anyone else want to shame themselves too?! And let me know who's the hot favourite to win? (I know I could look it up, but checking out the Eurovision TV website might be going a bit too far! )

GG
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurovision Song Contest

Originally Posted by Geordie George

So, anyone else want to shame themselves too?! And let me know who's the hot favourite to win? (I know I could look it up, but checking out the Eurovision TV website might be going a bit too far! )

GG
LOL! We had a Eurovision party once. Got very drunk - took bets on the winner and there was a big Nil Pointe drinking penalty. We had a great time. Don't think it'd go down too well if I suggested doing that over here though...
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:40 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

We were thinking about having a Eurovision come house warming party, seen as our stuff arrives soon and the Eurovision is as good an excuse as any for a get together. Might have to talk to Mr GG about it again.

I won the office sweepstake last year after Ukraine won. Which was nice.

GG

Originally Posted by Un-Co
LOL! We had a Eurovision party once. Got very drunk - took bets on the winner and there was a big Nil Pointe drinking penalty. We had a great time. Don't think it'd go down too well if I suggested doing that over here though...
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

(I know I could look it up, but checking out the Eurovision TV website might be going a bit too far! )

GG
Just decended to a new depth of tragicness and looked at the link. Looks like Matt Lucas from Little Britain is entering for Ireland!
Attached Thumbnails Eurovision Song Contest-euro2.jpg  
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:42 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

What's the quickest way to get slated and lose (what little) credibility you may have on BE? Admit to being a closet fan of Eurovision. So, there! I've said it! And after much panic over recent weeks, realising that the 'competition' was looming and worrying that it probably wouldn't be shown over here, I find that SBS is, in fact, my saviour! Not only is Eurovision being shown in Aus, but Terry Wogan is commentating!! Yay! How happy am I?! (Shut up the man at the back that said 'sad more like'.)

GG
You have just given me a great Idea, I'm gonna have a earovision song contest party at the backpackers.

When is is and when is it being shown on SBS? I really hope in the evening so we can party to it

Sad as it may be it is kinda a tradition to watch it, wonder if the UK is goin for nil points again.
Old May 3rd 2005, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

chocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura aboutchocaholic has a spectacular aura about

GG
Terry Wogan and Eurovision are absolutely a marriage made in heaven - he at least doesn't pretend we're seeing anything of quality. It's so kitsch - but invaluable fodder for theme parties
Old May 3rd 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
You have just given me a great Idea, I'm gonna have a earovision song contest party at the backpackers.

When is is and when is it being shown on SBS? I really hope in the evening so we can party to it

Sad as it may be it is kinda a tradition to watch it, wonder if the UK is goin for nil points again.
Jesus, that's going to be a shock for the average Geraldigit, isn't it? No Rick "dickhead" Ardon :-)

Go for it, It may just introduce a little culture into G. :-))
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

SBS will be providing most of our weekend's entertainment. FA Cup Final live, a chance to (hopefully) watch United's victory again on the Sunday, then Eurovision in the evening. Marvellous.

SBS also have some coverage of the Club World Championship qualifiers, so should be tuning in to SBS a fair bit this month.
Old May 3rd 2005, 2:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheAncientGeek
so should be tuning in to SBS a fair bit this month.
Nothing to do with all the nudity on SBS then...

Cheers,
JTL

oh, ummm so I've heard
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:03 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ialibu
Jesus, that's going to be a shock for the average Geraldigit, isn't it? No Rick "dickhead" Ardon :-)

Go for it, It may just introduce a little culture into G. :-))
Ya know Gero well then
Old May 3rd 2005, 3:43 pm
Is anyone listening

halflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nicehalflinggirl2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by chocaholic
Terry Wogan and Eurovision are absolutely a marriage made in heaven - he at least doesn't pretend we're seeing anything of quality. It's so kitsch - but invaluable fodder for theme parties

exactlly it is a tradition is our house, popcorn goodies etc and from begining to end a riot, that best bit is the voting, we guess to which country the voting country will give to Like france to england (oh yeh in your dreams) and you win a prize etc in right, wouldnt miss it for the world

Nicky