Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

EU banned airlines allowed to fly Perth - Bali

EU banned airlines allowed to fly Perth - Bali

Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light
Default EU banned airlines allowed to fly Perth - Bali

standards are undoubtably lower in Australia as we know, so no surprise.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...ly-in-air-war/
the banned airlines are listed here http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/doc/list_en.pdf

Good luck when flying ti Bali
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:19 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: EU banned airlines allowed to fly Perth - Bali

Would rather that than Flying those overrun RyanAir jets.

Garuda Indonesia is the next Emirates/Ehtiad Airlines. Who fleet has been replaced and the indonesian aviation has had a major revamp overseen by European inspectors. Lion Air is just like AirAsia and I've been on it before.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:24 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Batavia Air, which has just had a European Union ban lifted
Do they still count?

Cycle helmet standards are higher in Aus than EU. Just so you know

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jul 28th 2010 at 11:28 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 11:41 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

If I or my family ever got to Bali it will be Qantas or Jetstar only. Don't fancy those Mickey Mouse Indo. airlines, it will all end in tears.

The Mrs goes once a year with the dive club, she's not bothered though.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 12:48 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
If I or my family ever got to Bali it will be Qantas or Jetstar only. Don't fancy those Mickey Mouse Indo. airlines, it will all end in tears.

Air Asia fly Perth-Bali and they are great, better than Jetstar IMO. Qantas no longer fly to Bali.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Qantas are one of the worst airlines I have ever flown with.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:26 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Qantas are one of the worst airlines I have ever flown with.
I'm not talking about quality of service, I'm talking about the chances of making it to the destination Vs. an Indonesian domestic airline.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:28 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Air Asia fly Perth-Bali and they are great, better than Jetstar IMO. Qantas no longer fly to Bali.
I've paid for the Mrs' latest Bali trip on Jetstar with Frequent flyer points, that's why I chose them this time. She has gone Garuda before but I wouldn't fly with them myself, or let my kids fly with them.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:35 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've paid for the Mrs' latest Bali trip on Jetstar with Frequent flyer points, that's why I chose them this time. She has gone Garuda before but I wouldn't fly with them myself, or let my kids fly with them.
Agree with you on Garuda. We just went to the UK on Air Asia and they were fine. The A330 that we flew back to Perth on was less than a week old.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Nothing wrong with Garuda for international flights, they have to maintain safety standards and inspections to ISO. It's the internal ones I wouldn't take.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why the authorities would allow airlines banned from European Airspace to fly into Australia. The safety record of some of the carriers in that area is stunningly bad.

Personally there is no way I would let myself or my family get on board on of these aircraft. It doesn't matter if the plane is brand-new or 10 years old; its down to the quality of the maintenance and the flight crew. I'd rather not even fly on Airbus aircraft as I think the designers have cut the pilot out of the loop too much.

Indonesia may have started getting its house in order now but previously their regulation has been riddled by corruption and nepotism with an end result that on-one involved gives a s**t about it. As for Garuda, remember Indonesia isn't a place where first-world standards apply and are enforced no matter what they have signed up to.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 2:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why the authorities would allow airlines banned from European Airspace to fly into Australia.
Um, 'cause this isn't Europe?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

neither would I, did it once for a particular reason.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:26 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Evelin
standards are undoubtably lower in Australia as we know, so no surprise.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...ly-in-air-war/
the banned airlines are listed here http://ec.europa.eu/transport/air-ban/doc/list_en.pdf

Good luck when flying ti Bali
Batavia Air, which has just had a European Union ban lifted, will start a daily service to Denpasar on August 26.

The three other Domestic Indonesian airlines, Sriwijaya Air, Mandala Airlines and Lion Air, banned from flying to Europe, have not yet been granted permission for Australia have they ?

Old Jul 29th 2010, 10:40 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched an episode of Air Crash Investigation this week in which an Adam Air flight (based in Jakarta) crashed and subsequently had its license revoked by the Indonesian authorities alongside a number of other airlines.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Air

These budget Indonesian airlines have poor safety records and 2nd rate pilots. Saving a couple hundred dollars for a holiday just isn't worth it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.