Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Etihad, what are they like?

Etihad, what are they like?

Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Al and Jacque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Etihad, what are they like?

Hi everyone just wondered if anyone has flew with Etihad, we can get a good deal flying Dublin, Abu Dhabi, Brisbane. We will be flying with two boys 4 and 7 so just wondering what they are like.

Thanks
Al
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:27 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Etihad, what are they like?

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque
Hi everyone just wondered if anyone has flew with Etihad, we can get a good deal flying Dublin, Abu Dhabi, Brisbane. We will be flying with two boys 4 and 7 so just wondering what they are like.

Thanks
Al
No better or worse than all the rest....a lot of good reports on here. They are becoming a major player.

G
Old Nov 24th 2009, 10:45 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Al and Jacque

Thanks
Al
They don't like the Flintstones in Dubai but the people of Abu Dhabi do....
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

I have flown with Etihad on several occasions and I think they are good.
Old Nov 24th 2009, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kporte
They don't like the Flintstones in Dubai but the people of Abu Dhabi do....
Old Nov 24th 2009, 2:03 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

My parents flew with them earlier this year and liked them a lot. We flew with them in August and they were ok.

Main observations:

Crew were crabbit, I had to ask for replacement headphones and got the filthiest look for it. Missed out on a meal due to sleep (by about 5 minutes), when I asked for mine the crew member got quite shirty with me and only gave me half of it.

Had to ask for drinks a couple of times as very few were provided.

Toilets broke on each leg of the trip but weren't taken out of use until they were 'visited' several times leading to a smashing smell throughout the flight. Cue queues for the last few hours of the flight to use one toilet.

Planes themselves were new and very clean. No more or less comfortable than any other economy class.

Ambient lighting (their term) was a pain in the arse.

Given the choice and for an extra few bob I'd go back to Virgin who we flew with in 2007 and couldn't fault.

Therese