Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??

Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??

Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice
Default Re: Etihad Airlines? Anyone used them to fly from Australia to the UK??

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Are they much cheaper in comparison to the others?

My parents are using them (business class) Manchester to Brisbane for five weeks - $2400 each person! Which I think is great, they are used to travelling business/first class - so let see what they think.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:40 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Are they much cheaper in comparison to the others?
Originally Posted by paulhill
My parents are using them (business class) Manchester to Brisbane for five weeks - $2400 each person! Which I think is great, they are used to travelling business/first class - so let see what they think.
Thats a great price! Who did they book through do you know? C x
Old Dec 31st 2007, 2:18 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

If u are coming home C, can I have your visa?
BTW, I have heard good reports about this airline and that it was in partnership with Emirates
Has someone else mentioned this?
J x
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Pipmoss is an unknown quantity at this point

You can book with etihad direct we paid 1800 pound for 2 adults return from manchester to brisbane with i change time of 2 hours50 mins but due to delay we were flown into sydney and up to brisbane and did the full trip in 27 hours .We have cancelled are return ticket and got charge one way plus 75 pound so we was refunded.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

paulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nicepaulhill is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiels
Thats a great price! Who did they book through do you know? C x

I dont actually however I can find out for you. Happy New Year
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:48 pm
HEL
EEN

HEL is an unknown quantity at this point

Are they any good and how do they compare to the more popular ones like Singapore, Emirates or Maylaysian?? C x
Hi!

We flew Etihad from Brisbane to Manchester last month. Previously flown Malaysian and Emirates. Highly rated Etihad - and would choose them again over the others if competitive fares. Seating seemed more comfortable than other airlines, modern clean planes, food great and lots of entertainment choice plus really fab 'mood lighting' to wake you up. As they are a newer airline the flights were less than half full on all legs so lots of room. We had a free night in Abu Dhabi courtesy of Etihad but their procedures there are pretty woeful and its a v small airport. All in all, i would definately choose them. You do have two stopoffs though - Abu Dhabi and Singapore but can stay overnight in either to break the journey up.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 6:41 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
BTW, I have heard good reports about this airline and that it was in partnership with Emirates
J x
I can categorically say Ethihad has no links with Emirates what so ever.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:27 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
J x
Sorry J its just a visit so i still need my visa, for now anyhow................

C x
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:10 pm
Yes yes yes brissy bound!

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice

Hi
My mum came out from Manchester in October and really rated them. The flight suited her as she was able to have the two stopovers to break the flight up a bit for her.
She has said she will definately consider using them again.
Mrs Q
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:40 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Thanks everyone, think we'll go in today to see about booking it!! C x
Old Jan 1st 2008, 11:41 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, think we'll go in today to see about booking it!! C x
when are you going?
I am going to fly with them on the 1st of Feb
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Steph1471 is just really niceSteph1471 is just really niceSteph1471 is just really niceSteph1471 is just really niceSteph1471 is just really niceSteph1471 is just really niceSteph1471 is just really niceSteph1471 is just really nice

Are they any good and how do they compare to the more popular ones like Singapore, Emirates or Maylaysian?? C x
Hi there, just thought i would let you know that i used to work for a travel company back in the uk and sold a lot of these flights as they are the most reasonable, they are so reasonable as they have a lot of compeition with both qatar and emirates coming from the same region. They are very good and are up and coming, they also go via an area near dubai ( can't remember the name ) but you can get free connecting transfers which isonly an hour away from dubai which is great if you plan to do a stopover, the only problem is if you intendto do a straight through flight then you have a problem as the connecting flights are usually like a 7 - 12 hour wait which is not good. but i would recommend them as they are definately equivalent to emirates ad i have flown twice with emirates back and forth to and from uk and oz and have found there service outstounding. hope this is of help
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:23 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by asher
when are you going?
I am going to fly with them on the 1st of Feb
Back to the UK. C x

June hopefully!!!!!!!!!!! C x

Last edited by shiels; Jan 2nd 2008 at 2:42 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to the UK. C x
Read the question before replying hon
Old Jan 2nd 2008, 2:41 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Read the question before replying hon
oh yes!!!!!!! thanks pen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.