ETA's for Oz

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 10:46 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default ETA's for Oz

Off to Brisbane in July to visit my girlfriends family and check out Brisbane and the surrounding areas (see if it measures up to Nottingham).

Have just been told that I have a ETA for my visit to Brisbane.
Is there anywhere on the net where I can doulble check that the ETA has actually been granted?
Just would like some verification that its there.

Cheers

TT
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 11:08 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETA's for Oz

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Off to Brisbane in July to visit my girlfriends family and check out Brisbane and the surrounding areas (see if it measures up to Nottingham).

Have just been told that I have a ETA for my visit to Brisbane.
Is there anywhere on the net where I can doulble check that the ETA has actually been granted?
Just would like some verification that its there.

Cheers

TT

Hi TT,
When we went across to Oz towards the end of last year, all we got was a poxy piece of paper with a print out on. The travel agent had highlighted were it said that our ETA had been granted. I was really disappointed didn't know what I expected but it was more than that!!!!!!
We received it about 10 days b4 we travelled even though it had been requested 5 months prior to that.
We enjoyed it so much that we came home and decided that we want to go out there permanently. Six months down the line and waiting for them to request medicals and PC's. Hoping to be in Queensland 4 Christmas!!!!!

Hope you have a great time
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 12:17 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETA's for Oz

Thanks Cresta57

Know what you mean just got a poxy poece of paper that anyone could russle up on a PC back home.

Thought there would be somewhere to cross reference that it was legit.

Just dont want to turn up at the airport and be stopped.
Long shot I know!!!
Looks like I will just have to grin and bare it!!!

Girlfriend says I will love it and i'm sure I will.

All the best in your application.
Sure my fun and games will start next year.

Cheers

TT

Originally posted by cresta57
Hi TT,
When we went across to Oz towards the end of last year, all we got was a poxy piece of paper with a print out on. The travel agent had highlighted were it said that our ETA had been granted. I was really disappointed didn't know what I expected but it was more than that!!!!!!
We received it about 10 days b4 we travelled even though it had been requested 5 months prior to that.
We enjoyed it so much that we came home and decided that we want to go out there permanently. Six months down the line and waiting for them to request medicals and PC's. Hoping to be in Queensland 4 Christmas!!!!!

Hope you have a great time
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 4:08 pm
earlswood

Before we went to Brisbane a few weeks ago we did our ETA on the Ozzy Gov web site ourselves, paid on line and result was immediate. There was a footnote saying airport would automatically see ETA on screen at check- in?
We printed the page off just in case but were never asked to provide any proof at Airports.

Earlswood

Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:15 pm
Badge

Originally posted by earlswood
Before we went to Brisbane a few weeks ago we did our ETA on the Ozzy Gov web site ourselves, paid on line and result was immediate. There was a footnote saying airport would automatically see ETA on screen at check- in?
We printed the page off just in case but were never asked to provide any proof at Airports.

Earlswood

if it hasn't been issued often the airline will do it - even mid away across the world if they don't pick it up here. Mine was issued in Dubai - (although I didn't want one!!)

It's in the airline's interest as I believe they get fined for any one arriving without a visa.

badgers