Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ETA v 136 visa question

ETA v 136 visa question

Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default ETA v 136 visa question

Hi all. I've now been around for a while, mainly lurking with just a few posts, and can't believe how helpful and knowledgeable you lot are. I'm hoping to get my skills assessment paperwork together within a couple of weeks and start the whole process.

However, I have a friend in need of assistance.

She has recently obtained a 136 visa, her husband is the main applicant. She's planning a trip to Sydney shortly without her husband. What does she need to do visa-wise. I understand she can't validate her visa without her husband and the travel agents have said she can't get an ETA.

Thanks

Louie
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:30 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETA v 136 visa question

Originally Posted by louie
Hi all. I've now been around for a while, mainly lurking with just a few posts, and can't believe how helpful and knowledgeable you lot are. I'm hoping to get my skills assessment paperwork together within a couple of weeks and start the whole process.

However, I have a friend in need of assistance.

She has recently obtained a 136 visa, her husband is the main applicant. She's planning a trip to Sydney shortly without her husband. What does she need to do visa-wise. I understand she can't validate her visa without her husband and the travel agents have said she can't get an ETA.

Thanks

Louie
Hi Louie. Welcome to the forum. I can't answer the question directly but I would just like to say your friend should be very careful. It's possible (thought I don't know this for sure) that there could be serious issues if she applied for the ETA. Maybe the best course of action would be to contact the High Commision in London? Find the details on www.australia.org.uk
Old Oct 25th 2006, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

cakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wmoore
Hi Louie. Welcome to the forum. I can't answer the question directly but I would just like to say your friend should be very careful. It's possible (thought I don't know this for sure) that there could be serious issues if she applied for the ETA. Maybe the best course of action would be to contact the High Commision in London? Find the details on www.australia.org.uk
i agree, i don't think she'll be able to go. as for validating the visa, the main applicant should validate first/at same time as all others.

good luck

simon
Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:29 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Correct. And she can't get another visa unless she's willing to have her 136 visa cancelled.

So either her husband goes with her, or she doesn't travel. That's the choice.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Seems there is room for discretion.

Her CO is organising some sort of special dispensation and writing to Oz immigration. Apparently her CO has never done that before.

So good news - unless she gets there and they won't let her in :-(