Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Estate Agents does anyone know

Wikiposts

Estate Agents does anyone know

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:04 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice
Default Estate Agents does anyone know

I have signed up on a sole agency agreement @ 1.25% and it states on the aggreement if I go multi agency it would go up to 3% which is fine I understand that...what I dont get and I may just be being dim...If I now go and sign up to a second agent and they sell the house not the original agent,do I still have to pay the first agent 3% and the second agent I take on board what ever percentage they aggree on. Or do I only pay the agent that sells the house...?
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:11 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Estate Agents does anyone know

Originally Posted by peppi
I have signed up on a sole agency agreement @ 1.25% and it states on the aggreement if I go multi agency it would go up to 3% which is fine I understand that...what I dont get and I may just be being dim...If I now go and sign up to a second agent and they sell the house not the original agent,do I still have to pay the first agent 3% and the second agent I take on board what ever percentage they aggree on. Or do I only pay the agent that sells the house...?
u only pay the person who sells ur house........but u may need to pay the other advertising fees etc so worth checkin out
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:12 pm

or u could always contact the buyer directly and offer some dosh off the house price if the buy privately
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:12 pm
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Originally Posted by biggy
u only pay the person who sells ur house........but u may need to pay the other advertising fees etc so worth checkin out
thats what I thought...but i wasnt sure. thanks for that biggy. I'll go and read the small print regarding the advert fees etc
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:15 pm
Moomin member

or u could always contact the buyer directly and offer some dosh off the house price if the buy privately
I dont have a buyer...thats my problem...and the agent I chose I now think are C##P,so I want it on with someone else...rather pay a higher % rate and be sold before we go than have to leave it empty and go leaving it for the agents to sell
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:15 pm

thats what I thought...but i wasnt sure. thanks for that biggy. I'll go and read the small print regarding the advert fees etc
I remember alsmost shittin myself when our house fell thro the first time I thot FFS they have sold it so I need to pay their fees...hehe how thick was I......we had a fab agent who gave us loads of free advertising etc...good Luck
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:16 pm

I dont have a buyer...thats my problem...and the agent I chose I now think are C##P,so I want it on with someone else...rather pay a higher % rate and be sold before we go than have to leave it empty and go leaving it for the agents to sell
just ditch the first ones then, tell them they r shit, and go with somebody else
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:19 pm
Moomin member

just ditch the first ones then, tell them they r shit, and go with somebody else
Umm...wish I could...dont think its as easy as that thou...with out it costing megga bucks
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:32 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing for sure is that you won't have to pay two lots of fees. You pay the fees of the agent who negotiated the sale. As you say they do charge a higher percentage for joint agency. Remember that vat of 17.5% is also payable on top!

If you want to change agents check the small print of your contract as you could have tied yourself in to an agreement for a set period of time.

Someone has suggested that you negotiate with the buyer and cut out the middle man. If the agent has introduced the buyer to you the agent will get wind of this and you will still have to pay their fees. You could then end up paying more!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Vanessa
One thing for sure is that you won't have to pay two lots of fees. You pay the fees of the agent who negotiated the sale. As you say they do charge a higher percentage for joint agency. Remember that vat of 17.5% is also payable on top!

If you want to change agents check the small print of your contract as you could have tied yourself in to an agreement for a set period of time.

Someone has suggested that you negotiate with the buyer and cut out the middle man. If the agent has introduced the buyer to you the agent will get wind of this and you will still have to pay their fees. You could then end up paying more!
all we would of had to do was take the house of the market for a couple of days then sign up with another...but that was in Scotland so may be diff.......i know it can be a bit risky to do the...sell private thing....bit if the buyer is saving a few pounds then they will keep there mouth shut, I know several people who have done this