Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Estate agents Contract?

Estate agents Contract?

Old May 21st 2003, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice
Default Estate agents Contract?

Yesterday i signed up with an estate agent to put the house on market. Today i mentioned to a girl who i know that i was selling the hose and she wants to buy the house.
On my contract it says a will be "liable for fees if a buyer is introduced to me by them." The for sale board hasn't gone up yet and the house hasn't been in the paper so my question is am i liable to pay the estate agent fees?
Mandy
Old May 21st 2003, 6:38 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I would be interested in the answer as i may well be in this situation myself!
I wondered about just withdrawing it from the market, then carrying on regardless
Old May 21st 2003, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If you find the seller yourself as long as they have not been introduced by the agent, then you are not liable to pay them.

If you r seller contacted you through them then they would have a right to the fees.
Old May 21st 2003, 6:41 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Estate agents Contract?

Withdraw it from the market, & carry on discreetly. Everyone has at least a cooling off period, although why would they find out. Say you have an offer of work & you have decided to rent it out if pushed.

Originally posted by Mandyisere
Yesterday i signed up with an estate agent to put the house on market. Today i mentioned to a girl who i know that i was selling the hose and she wants to buy the house.
On my contract it says a will be "liable for fees if a buyer is introduced to me by them." The for sale board hasn't gone up yet and the house hasn't been in the paper so my question is am i liable to pay the estate agent fees?
Mandy
Old May 21st 2003, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, quote cooling off period, usually in place for any contracts...

Originally posted by DavidT
Withdraw it from the market, & carry on discreetly. Everyone has at least a cooling off period, although why would they find out. Say you have an offer of work & you have decided to rent it out if pushed.
Old May 21st 2003, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah Just withdraw your home from the market. My friends did this as they found a buyer privately. You DO NOT have to pay a penny to the estate agents.

Cheers
BooBoo
Old May 21st 2003, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

scoobydooathome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Mandyisere
Mandy
Get them to write it up in the contract of sale and if not happy, take the biz to another estate agent, they will agree as your friend knew you were selling before you put it on the market,

BUT ... it is more than likely someone else will buy your property,
Old May 21st 2003, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure Tina's right on this one so you don't need to take it off the market. Just make sure your friend steers well clear of said estate agent!