Estate Agent

Old Sep 25th 2003, 12:45 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Estate Agent

Have been up with our new agents 2 wks and not a bit of interest so thought Id have a look at our house details on their web site and was very concerned to find it wasnt on .... this is after they promised it would be on in less than 8 hrs of house going up for sale with them. Rang them and they said "oh we're really sorry it must be because so an so is off sick". I was not very happy and asked how many of our prop details they had handed out and she says "have you handed in the signed agreement" and "I dont think we have got a brochure together yet" I cant believe we have such bad luck I really cant, and its not like its a small agent its a really big bank aswell
Old Sep 25th 2003, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Estate Agent

Originally posted by sky
Have been up with our new agents 2 wks and not a bit of interest so thought Id have a look at our house details on their web site and was very concerned to find it wasnt on .... this is after they promised it would be on in less than 8 hrs of house going up for sale with them. Rang them and they said "oh we're really sorry it must be because so an so is off sick". I was not very happy and asked how many of our prop details they had handed out and she says "have you handed in the signed agreement" and "I dont think we have got a brochure together yet" I cant believe we have such bad luck I really cant, and its not like its a small agent its a really big bank aswell
Hi Sky
please don't think bad of me but the reason of someone being off may be a valid reason as to why your property isn't on the internet! i am a secretary in a large estate agents and believe it or not i am the only person in our office who is competant enough to upload the internet, don't think that anyone else could turn the pc on!! so this may be correct, the secretary may be off sick! the other point you made about 'you signing off the agreement' is wrong, surely you signed the agreement when the instruction taker/manager came to visit your place! what she may have meant is 'have you signed/approved the property details?', even if you haven't that shouldn't matter, in our company (countrywide) we print of say 25 copies with DRAFT DETAILS on so that number one we are covered for mistakes and number two we can get the property out to prospective purchasers as soon as! what i would suggest is that you call them tomorrow and ask the manager to come round for a chat and find our what is being done!
hope this helps and good luck with your sale
regards
rach
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:13 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nosuchluck
what i would suggest is that you call them tomorrow and ask the manager to come round for a chat and find our what is being done!
hope this helps and good luck with your sale
regards
rach
And if they aint doing what they promised to do, bin 'em and get someone who will. Bloody jobs worths PAH!

Oh and good luck!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by h garrett
And if they aint doing what they promised to do, bin 'em and get someone who will. Bloody jobs worths PAH!

Oh and good luck!
sorry rach - I have no sympathy for estate agents... if they can't turn on a computer they should be turning burgers at MacDonalds...
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Larissa
sorry rach - I have no sympathy for estate agents... if they can't turn on a computer they should be turning burgers at MacDonalds...
Hi Larissa
don't get me wrong i totally agree with you, i think if you work in an office environment then you should at least no the basics! otherwise it is all left down to the secretary which ok is what she is paid for but if she is off sick/holiday then someone else in the office should be able to cover for her. in saying that i have trained 8 secretary's on our new system this week and whoever employed them need shooting, a couple of them could just about two finger type!!!!!
i must point out that i dont have any sympathy for estate agents, its the people who sell/buy through us that i have the sympathy for! i am tempted to sell ours (when the time comes) privately, set up own web page and stick a for sale sign in my garden! i wasn't in anyway sticking up for agents just pointing out how it works or doesn't work as the case may be in our branch!
rach
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Larissa
don't get me wrong i totally agree with you, i think if you work in an office environment then you should at least no the basics! otherwise it is all left down to the secretary which ok is what she is paid for but if she is off sick/holiday then someone else in the office should be able to cover for her. in saying that i have trained 8 secretary's on our new system this week and whoever employed them need shooting, a couple of them could just about two finger type!!!!!
i must point out that i dont have any sympathy for estate agents, its the people who sell/buy through us that i have the sympathy for! i am tempted to sell ours (when the time comes) privately, set up own web page and stick a for sale sign in my garden! i wasn't in anyway sticking up for agents just pointing out how it works or doesn't work as the case may be in our branch!
rach
sorry rach - just having a general dig about estate agents - didn't mean to offend you
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Larissa
sorry rach - just having a general dig about estate agents - didn't mean to offend you
Larissa LOL!!!!
it would take alot more than that to offend me!!!
you didn't offend me at all and i didn't think that you were having a dig at me, i just didn't want anyone to think that i was a lover of estate agents, im not at all, i just work there to help pay our bills!!!!
have a nice evening
rach
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

"Rach lover of estate agents stace", is what you're known as widely on this forum, didn't you know!!!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Heather!

Originally posted by h garrett
"Rach lover of estate agents stace", is what you're known as widely on this forum, didn't you know!!!
that is not funny and my resignation will be on the md's desk tomorrow! oh shit it can't be there are new instructions to type and put on the net and im the only bugger who knows how to do them!
rach (ea) stacey

Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:00 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Ive sold five properties in the past spanning 16yrs but have never had "no interest at all", maybe its just the market but when I am promised that my house will be on the internet within 8 hours of me instructing the estate agents I expect that to happen whether someone is off sick or not. When I said agreement I did mean that, our agreement for them to act as sole agents, they came out to value our house etc when we were still with another agent and they left the agreement with us to hand in when the notice was up .... which I did promptly and then we signed the property details to say everything was correct. We are up as an executive property so I think that brochure is what the estate agent was referring to. We switched to this agent cos were having no luck with the last so am gutted we are having more problems with this lot.
We did once try selling a property ourselves some years ago and only interested one couple who completely wasted our time ... I think most people are very wary of someone selling their own house in this country and it almost deters them from enquiring about it so we went up with an agent and sold almost immediately.
Ive just looked for our house on the estate agents website and its still not there and they said would sort out yesterday
Its the bank with the the advertisement with the funny little man singing with those silly little round glasses on
Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heather!

that is not funny and my resignation will be on the md's desk tomorrow! oh shit it can't be there are new instructions to type and put on the net and im the only bugger who knows how to do them!
rach (ea) stacey

rach u will be able to give me some tips for selling the house then

insider knowledge

what do buyers really want

arlene
Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Exit UK 23rd Mar 2004, arriving in NZ 29th Mar (stop off LA Disney)
GetMeOutOfHere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sky
Ive sold five properties in the past spanning 16yrs but have never had "no interest at all", maybe its just the market but when I am promised that my house will be on the internet within 8 hours of me instructing the estate agents I expect that to happen whether someone is off sick or not. When I said agreement I did mean that, our agreement for them to act as sole agents, they came out to value our house etc when we were still with another agent and they left the agreement with us to hand in when the notice was up .... which I did promptly and then we signed the property details to say everything was correct. We are up as an executive property so I think that brochure is what the estate agent was referring to. We switched to this agent cos were having no luck with the last so am gutted we are having more problems with this lot.
We did once try selling a property ourselves some years ago and only interested one couple who completely wasted our time ... I think most people are very wary of someone selling their own house in this country and it almost deters them from enquiring about it so we went up with an agent and sold almost immediately.
Ive just looked for our house on the estate agents website and its still not there and they said would sort out yesterday
Its the bank with the the advertisement with the funny little man singing with those silly little round glasses on

All I can say is I know a little of what your going through, you'll the no1 customer when they want your custom, "Of course we think your sell this quickly, its a lovely home, we get asked for similar properties all the time" and when you commit your just another photo in the window.
It took me a while to wake up and smell the coffee, so all I can say is this...
1. Ask for reduction in fees if not sold within 28days.
2. Give the agents a deadline, and tell them no offers by a specific date(6 weeks) then bye bye, we will go with someone else.
3. Don't be kidded into pricing your house too high or similar to others, undercut your competition even if the agent thinks you'll get a little more, how quickly & badly do you want to sell???

Read my previous posts on this, I wasted 6mths & loads of sleep. The good news is that I exchanged & completed Wednesday, I've had a very stressful week indeed, didn't know I was completing until Monday:scared:, but very happy now to have my money in the bank
Only problem is it was so unclear when or if we could complete that I couldn't plan trip to NZ, especially with 3 kids(1 needing MMR in a few weeks time), so I've had to take a rental out, I will have tie up loose ends and finely tune my exit from UK.

Hope you sell quickly, hope my comments may help.

Last edited by GetMeOutOfHere; Sep 26th 2003 at 10:22 am.