Reload this Page >

Estate Agency Uk and OZ

Estate Agency Uk and OZ

Old Mar 4th 2006, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Melbguy is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Estate Agency Uk and OZ

Hi everyone,
Yes i am still here so keep your questions coming and i will do my best to answer. All enquiries received will be answered today
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estate Agency Uk and OZ

Hi Melbguy, we have so many estate agents around by us its hard to know which one to choose. Can i barter with them over there prices, or can't you do that. Are the more expensive estate agent better than the cheaper ones. Have been keeping my eye on the sold boards around us and the market is abit slow around by me so its hard to tell who the better ones are. Can you help with any advice.

Stacey
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:18 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi Melbguy, we have so many estate agents around by us its hard to know which one to choose. Can i barter with them over there prices, or can't you do that. Are the more expensive estate agent better than the cheaper ones. Have been keeping my eye on the sold boards around us and the market is abit slow around by me so its hard to tell who the better ones are. Can you help with any advice.

Stacey
Hi Stacey

I used to work in an Estate Agents and yes you can definitely barter with them over the fees. They will be aware of what all the others charge and in some instances will be happy to try to beat them (although with the market slow it is harder as they do tend to 'earn' their money more than they did a few years ago). A few questions to ask would be:-

Where will you advertise - which paper, online etc?
How much are your fees?
Are these negotiable?
Does this fee include VAT?
Will all viewings be accompanied?
How often do you chase up the sale/chain?

I would go with the one you feel most comfortable with and the most professional. Just because they charge more doesn't mean their service is any better.

At the end of the day if someone wants to buy your house and they see the sign up - they'll go to whichever Estate Agent is advertising it!

Good luck

Rach xxxx
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, do i tell them i am emigrating or just keep it to myself.

Stacey
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey

We've kept it to ourselves. Don't want them telling potential buyers we are desperate to sell even though we are
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:48 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Stacey
In some ways it can be good to tell them because they know there is no on-going chain - plus they might offer to buy loads of your gear!!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Melbguy is on a distinguished road

Hi Stacey

My recommendation is to choose an agent the is part of a large organisation. There usually are some good small independants but they do tend to have a budget on the exposure of properties they sell. Essential to use an agent that advertises on rightmove.co.uk as this is huge for uk agents. Questions to consider...
Do they have a good office location.
Where do they advertise
Speak to five friends, who would they use, why

One good tip is to register yourself as a buyer and see how you are treated. The one who contacts you most or is hungry to show you houses, and is most interested in yours to sell is normally a safe bet.
Good luck
Old Mar 4th 2006, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi melbguy i will try your last tip and register as a buyer and see what response i get.

Again thank you

Stacey
Old Mar 4th 2006, 10:16 pm
lor
BE Forum Addict

lor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond reputelor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn
In some ways it can be good to tell them because they know there is no on-going chain - plus they might offer to buy loads of your gear!!
And that's just what we're hoping will happen .The taught of having to get up for a load of car boot sales :scared:

Hi again Rach ,two day's on the trot ,We must be having a BE relapse !