Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Essential reading

Essential reading

Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:30 pm
kong

Default Essential reading

No crap, the best favour any prospective migrant will do themselves is to read this

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0&pagenumber=2

The 5th post down, username "Goose"

This is not a wind-up.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:37 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice
Default Re: Essential reading

Originally posted by kong
No crap, the best favour any prospective migrant will do themselves is to read this

This is not a wind-up.
Fair play to Goose, they are far more articulate than you and put over a good argument, something you do not.

Your point was?
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:44 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Kong,

Can you answer a couple of questions ?

Why the **** do you contribute to this forum considering you do not like Australia and especially as this forum is geared towards people migrating to Australia ? do get a thrill out of trying to spoil dreams ? Not everyone thinks Oz is going to be a bed of roses, but we are willing to try it.

Considering you went there and failed, why don't you do everyone a favour and stop posting - you really are a pain in the arse.

Crawl back under the stone you came from you sad person !
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:47 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mutant
Fair play to Goose, they are far more articulate than you and put over a good argument, something you do not.

Your point was?
Mutant

You beat me to the gun!!!!

Kong, I was just about to say the very thing to you because Goose was balanced and objective. Kong if you put your threads this way members might take a bit more notice. What do you reckon??

Walla
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:52 pm
kong

Your point was?
Billy, whenever did you provide an argument that was not full of threats and profanities?? You are one sad hypocrite banned boy.

Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:53 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by irishmolly
Kong,

Why the **** do you contribute to this forum considering you do not like Australia and especially as this forum is geared towards people migrating to Australia ? do get a thrill out of trying to spoil dreams ? Not everyone thinks Oz is going to be a bed of roses, but we are willing to try it.

Considering you went there and failed, why don't you do everyone a favour and stop posting - you really are a pain in the arse.

sent pm
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:56 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

There's nothing wrong with hearing a few negatives here and there. I think the basic message to those thinking of the move is don't expect that all of life's little problems can be solved by shifting to the other side of the world. Yes, Oz is a wonderful place to live to but don't expect the good life just because you sell up in England and step off a plane in Sydney.

A move to Australia has the potential to be the best decision you ever make. But it's up to you what you make of it. And if Kong has one good point (amongst the countless stupid ones) it is to take off the rose coloured specs and look at things objectively with reason.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:57 pm
Banned

mutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nicemutant is just really nice

Billy, whenever did you provide an argument that was not full of threats and profanities?? You are one sad hypocrite banned boy.
Banned boy?

Were you not banned as Dazuk then MickJ and then............you get the picture.

You resorting to plagiarism now too?

BTW I am not WBB contrary to whatever your sad mind conjures up.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by irishmolly
Kong,

I will say that the post Kong is referring to do is a damm good read. Nothing to do with Kong, nothing to do with anti-Oz sentiment, just brutally honest food for thought about migrating. It's certainly not about ruining dreams. I read it this morning and thought it was a great post, from a totally impartial poster.

You personally may choose to ignore it, but some people may find some value in it.

Why is someone who went to Oz and came back classed as a failure
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:05 pm
Banned

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Why is someone who went to Oz and came back classed as a failure

Failure
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

This is not a wind-up.

I have kept my views to myself on this subject but feel it is now time to put my opinions to the forum.

:lecture: We as a family are going to make our own minds up, because I have heard somewhere before; "One mans meat is another mans poison" and if we come home, we can say hand on heart we had a go, and please feel free to continue to post as I don't feel anything against you, as it is YOUR opinion.
Thanks for the views but please let us, and quite a few others make our own minds up. :lecture:

Check out my signature to understand my feelings:

cheers
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:19 pm
kong

Banned boy?

Were you not banned as Dazuk then MickJ and then............you get the picture.

You resorting to plagiarism now too?

BTW I am not WBB contrary to whatever your sad mind conjures up.
Whatever Billy, you are fooling no one.

You bore me Goodbye

IGNORE

Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Failure
Guess it means you can't class anyone a failure (or a success) without knowing what their personal goals were then, Billy.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:27 pm
Banned

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Guess it means you can't class anyone a failure (or a success) without knowing what their personal goals were then, Billy.
I haven't called anyone a failure, but I guess your goals would be to succeed in a new life downunder, anything else would be failure.
Old Jul 8th 2004, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

I haven't called anyone a failure, but I guess your goals would be to succeed in a new life downunder, anything else would be failure.
Well, yes, you have called all people returning to the UK failures, under your previous guise as WBB.

And I suggest you keep guessing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.