Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ESPN Showing FA Cup

ESPN Showing FA Cup

Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:08 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice
Talking ESPN Showing FA Cup

Just noted (for those that are interested) that some of the fifth round ties are being shown on ESPN Sat night/Sun morn......get the beers in!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:41 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESPN Showing FA Cup

Originally Posted by Plug
Just noted (for those that are interested) that some of the fifth round ties are being shown on ESPN Sat night/Sun morn......get the beers in!!

if not then you can always get them online at various streaming sites out there such as pplive and sopcast and tvants

all you do is download the players mentioned which are generally the most 3 used.

Then you go to www.freefootball.org and look for the forum at the top.
click on that
then search for your team
read the forum for what tv player to use(there wll be more players mentioned here too for you to search on google and download f you like i have about 7 just in cASE THE OTHER GO DOWN AT THE WRONG TIME)

then you open the tv player, itll give you a listof channels.
then you click on the channel told you in the forum(there may be more than one, but the best ones are told on the forums)

wait for about 5 minutes til it stops skipping(unless you are on 8mb broadband or more,upwards of 2mb are recommended

andyou can watch your team for free.
www.pplive.com
www.sopcast.org
www.tvants.com

enjoy
also have a look at www.asiaplate.com for matches and channels
al

if you get stuck give me a shout

al

Last edited by alkristensen; Feb 16th 2007 at 2:45 am.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:14 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Plug
Even if you don't like soccer it is worth watching for the commentary. The Irish guy is hilarious he is so bad.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 5:13 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

[QUOTE=alkristensen;4410352]if not then you can always get them online at various streaming sites out there such as pplive and sopcast and tvants

all you do is download the players mentioned which are generally the most 3 used.

Wow -- thanks for that, I'll give it a whirl, I've got Foxtel Sports on for the month so must get my monies worth......even if it means staying up all night...drinking beer and watching footy....mmmmmm

Come on you Gunners!!
Old Feb 16th 2007, 6:56 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

ESPN also show FA Cup replays live, we got up at 5 the other morning to watch Bolton v Arsenal, we lost unfortunately but it was a great game.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:36 am
Banned

alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Plug;4410665]
Originally Posted by alkristensen
if not then you can always get them online at various streaming sites out there such as pplive and sopcast and tvants

Wow -- thanks for that, I'll give it a whirl, I've got Foxtel Sports on for the month so must get my monies worth......even if it means staying up all night...drinking beer and watching footy....mmmmmm

Come on you Gunners!!
you mean le gunners

ive heard they are charging in francs for next years season ticket,lol

enjoy the broadband stuff, its pretty good quality for freebies.

its a p2p network so the more people online the faster it is.

only downside is it ues bandwidth, so if you are on a capped monthly download l;imit then watch it a little, it doesnt take up loads at all but just beware, it does use a little of your download limit if you have one.

if you search the forums on free football, or gogle SOCCER Streams. you will get more sites as bak up just in case one goes down.

Its virus free and you get ESPN asia and the like from these.

If you re into basketball or cricket or motor racing or most other sports you can find em on the players if they are shown live somewhere in the world

i researched it last year as i was paniking i couldnt watch the premiership champions next season

Manchester United
They dont need encouragement like the gooners.lol

good season so far. hope chelsea get mysteriously poisoned on a plane
al
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Then you go to www.freefootball.org and look for the forum at the top.
click on that
then search for your team
read the forum for what tv player to use(there wll be more players mentioned here too for you to search on google and download f you like i have about 7 just in cASE THE OTHER GO DOWN AT THE WRONG TIME)

then you open the tv player, itll give you a listof channels.
then you click on the channel told you in the forum(there may be more than one, but the best ones are told on the forums)

wait for about 5 minutes til it stops skipping(unless you are on 8mb broadband or more,upwards of 2mb are recommended

andyou can watch your team for free.
www.pplive.com
www.sopcast.org
www.tvants.com

enjoy
also have a look at www.asiaplate.com for matches and channels
al

if you get stuck give me a shout

al
Just wondering if you could tell me (if you know) which channels on Sopcast show the
1. Premiership
2. FA cup
3. Champions League

Thanks in advance
x
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by charb
Just wondering if you could tell me (if you know) which channels on Sopcast show the
1. Premiership
2. FA cup
3. Champions League

Thanks in advance
x
hi, the channels change for every game,

read the forum on freefootball.org to pick your teams channel for that particular match.
Have you followed my instructions.

if you look on the forum each game it should tell you what chqannel as there is no particular channel for each divin=sion etc.
These streams are shown on the likes of ESPN CHINA, HK and Korea etc, or guanadong sports or shangjhai sports or whichever sky/cable channel in asia a certain game is on

i dont know how threy get it to stream, maybe its a webcam or a link/hack from the original sports channels
frankly i dont care if i get sports live. id pay for it if i had to and if there was no alternative in oz to see all utd games.

al
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:57 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

The streams don't work all that well here as the BB isn't all that great.

There are a couple of pay ones where the picture isn't as good but they use less bandwidth so run smoothly.

As for ESPN it's ok if you like watching football that sounds like you're in a bubble.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by fraser
The streams don't work all that well here as the BB isn't all that great.

There are a couple of pay ones where the picture isn't as good but they use less bandwidth so run smoothly.

As for ESPN it's ok if you like watching football that sounds like you're in a bubble.
i have ran these programs skipping a little at 1mb

2mb is great tho

my mate in sydney is getting 24mb broadband, how can that be no good?

i only have 8mb here (actual speed is ave about 4mb due to too many others on one junction) and mine works perfectly.

What processor, graphics card and ram does your machine have, and are you using p2p streams or other older types?

the older types went slower he more people went on. the p2p is like file sharing so the more people online watching the footy, the faster the connection

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i see your problem, no one watches the hammers hence the slow connection lol.

Seriously tho, how is the broadband not so good over there.

Cheers

al
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:43 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Not many can get speeds that quick.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:48 pm
Banned

Not many can get speeds that quick.
how fast is your connection and what is your spec please on your computer

processor
ram
graphics card
what version of W media player are you running?
i may be able to help, i may not.

al
Old Feb 17th 2007, 10:57 pm

how fast is your connection and what is your spec please on your computer

processor
ram
graphics card
what version of W media player are you running?
i may be able to help, i may not.

al
I'm only on 512 mate, so I think that's the problem. I've sodded about with them all.

I have about 8 different streaming engines, most have their own players.

I watch it on FLTV at £2 a pop which runs great and plays on winamp.

I only watch West Ham as I have foxtel.

Thanks anyway
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:09 am
Banned

I'm only on 512 mate, so I think that's the problem. I've sodded about with them all.

I have about 8 different streaming engines, most have their own players.

I watch it on FLTV at £2 a pop which runs great and plays on winamp.

I only watch West Ham as I have foxtel.

Thanks anyway
For a faster connection(sometmes up to 8 times faster, try firstly doing a tweak test of your connection here to see what it needs to be tweaked to for optimal perfomance. you press one button and it asks you a few questions then tests your computer. find it here. write down the original settings that it displays for you just in case you need to set it back again.
http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

and if it does need tweaks(it will if you want it faster!) then download a program called Dr TCP.
read this simple FAQto understand it
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/578

and then download Dr Tcp here
http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp

follow the step by step guide from below at kitz.co.uk entering the values they give you in the dr tcp program window and bobs yer uncle
here is the guide.

http://kitz.co.uk/adsl/tweak2.htm have a read its pretty straight forward/

it optimizes yur router/modem to open up the connection allowing you faster speeds.

run a speed test before and after (google for speed test)and see the difference. It wont cost you any more either to have a faster connection and you may be able to get streams then!

good luck

al

Last edited by alkristensen; Feb 18th 2007 at 1:19 am.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=alkristensen;4417470]For a faster connection(sometmes up to 8 times faster, try firstly doing a tweak test of your connection here to see what it needs to be tweaked to for optimal perfomance. you press one button and it asks you a few questions then tests your computer. find it here. write down the original settings that it displays for you just in case you need to set it back again.
http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

and if it does need tweaks(it will if you want it faster!) then download a program called Dr TCP.
read this simple FAQto understand it
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/578

and then download Dr Tcp here
http://www.dslreports.com/drtcp

oh im such a techno idiot...i tried to follow your link on your earlier thread but

can you give me instructions step by step...i miss my football so much...im out in Yunta...never heard of it eh..neither have many other people...only 30 people here..and waiting for the austar tech to call and connect but they will only come when they have a few calls up this way...that may take bloody months...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.