Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Esperance-Anyone Living There.

Esperance-Anyone Living There.

Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

ozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really nice
Default Esperance-Anyone Living There.

Hi All

Been in Perth now for 1 week and so far loving it!!! Beatiful place to live.....prices a bit higher than I thought, but won't really know till we have a place of our own. Been a bit hectic setting everything up (tax file no,bank accounts, Medicare, hiring car etc. We are currently renting a furnished place for 6 weeks till we get jobs and move to wherever :scared:
OH has been offered a good job in Esperence so anyone on here live there and would be glad of any information anyone can give me. Will most likely be living in either Hopeton or Esperence so any info on both places would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Esperance-Anyone Living There.

My wife has family (a cousin) who lives in Esperance and she has visited it a number of times. I'll ask her to drop you a PM.

Originally Posted by ozzymaz
Hi All

Been in Perth now for 1 week and so far loving it!!! Beatiful place to live.....prices a bit higher than I thought, but won't really know till we have a place of our own. Been a bit hectic setting everything up (tax file no,bank accounts, Medicare, hiring car etc. We are currently renting a furnished place for 6 weeks till we get jobs and move to wherever :scared:
OH has been offered a good job in Esperence so anyone on here live there and would be glad of any information anyone can give me. Will most likely be living in either Hopeton or Esperence so any info on both places would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

ozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really niceozzymaz is just really nice

Originally Posted by haggis supper
My wife has family (a cousin) who lives in Esperance and she has visited it a number of times. I'll ask her to drop you a PM.

Thanks a lot....would be most appreciated
Old Oct 4th 2006, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

:scared: C'mon all you Expats........there must be someone living there!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:24 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: C'mon all you Expats........there must be someone living there!!!!
It's a long way from anywhere. I doubt that there are many expats there.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 10:37 am
Wanderer

Location: Australia, Scotland, NZ, China, Spain, Scotland again wha hae!
saoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to beholdsaoghalbeag is a splendid one to behold

One of my friends on Skye had an uncle living there...she was a MacPhee but he wasn't (I think he was her Mum's brother, don't know their name).

Sorry it's not too helpful!

I stayed there with my family when we travelled round Australia when I was about 6 years old and I still remember the beaches and how beautiful/amazing the place was. It's written down in one of my primary school jotters as one of my most favourite places in the world (altho at age 6 I had only been in Australia!)

Go for it. Hope you find some mates there!
Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Hi All

Best beaches in WA, some say Australia, but by god, that Southern Ocean is cold.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:15 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

A woman I used to work with has just bought a chip shop down there - if you do end up there give her a shout! She made a great nurse but can't say whether she'll make great fish and chips!
Tracey
Old Oct 4th 2006, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice

Hi All

Went camping down there for new year 2005/6. First couple of days were fantastic then the weather turned and it was grim for the remainder of the trip........and I mean grim: two kids, dog and wife in tent and the rain was incessant. Also someone stole my trousers off the washing line during the hour the sun came out while I was trying to get things dry. And my car developed a problem with the power steering which needed a part from Sydney. The local Holden garage was useless so ended up driving home without their help after they forgot to order the part. It's all coming back to me now: some Japanese students on the campsite decided to feed their unwanted chicken bones to my dog...........he vommed them up in the middle of the night in a sort of noisy fashion that only ill dogs can do.

Having said all that would go down there again but would leave the mutt at home next time. But I'm sure it would be a nice place to live if you had a roof over your head.

One last thing, a mate of mine who's a marine biologist said to me last year, in a rather concerned way, when I told him where I was planning to go on holiday....."you won't be going in the water down there will you?" I can only guess what he meant by that!