Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Escape the teenage yobs

Escape the teenage yobs

Old Oct 14th 2005, 4:32 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Escape the teenage yobs

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Mrs D, Confuscius say 'if you feed the monkeys at the zoo they keep coming back for more'. Confuscius also say 'baited hook will lure the fish, if fish go for bait'. Ignore!

OzTennis
OZ Tm Confuscius also say 'women who sit on knee of jockey get red hot tip'

Sorry, it's Friday and I am in a slightly piss taking mood.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

BTW you must have searched hard to find such a drab Northern terraced pic of the UK, did you type in Salford shithole into Google by any chance?

You have probably upset quite a few people by now, like me who live in a perfectly respectable soldily built terraced house in a market town, NOT up North, but East Anglia, originally built in Victorian times for hardworking decent honest railway workers, and which are now kept, on the whole, up to a respectable standard with decent owners. If the photo was taken on a typical grey English day, yes it looks drab, but not everyone can afford to live in a posh modern home.
Old Oct 14th 2005, 10:13 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs D, Confuscius say 'if you feed the monkeys at the zoo they keep coming back for more'. Confuscius also say 'baited hook will lure the fish, if fish go for bait'. Ignore!

OzTennis
Yeah I know OzT, but sometimes its fun to dangle peanuts in front of the monkeys & watch them do tricks .

Bordy, had to laugh at your sandwich board analogy - I think you are pretty close actually .

Russ - he wouldnt be so lucky .
Old Oct 14th 2005, 10:32 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Who'd have thought that "pikies" could make enough money to take a holiday in Australia

A
Old Oct 14th 2005, 10:58 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Good one! that's the way to deal with them!
Old Oct 15th 2005, 12:00 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Who'd have thought that "pikies" could make enough money to take a holiday in Australia

A
Easy, I was robbed a few times by pikies in Cardiff, not to mention the £300 they got from me to re tar the driveway with that special stolen tar that washes away within weeks and leaves big holes that now look worse than before you tared it. So I'm not suprised he can afford to come here. What I am suprised about is that he doesn't come here every year but maybe thats probably because he can't get his horse on the plane.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by arkon
Easy, I was robbed a few times by pikies in Cardiff, not to mention the £300 they got from me to re tar the driveway with that special stolen tar that washes away within weeks and leaves big holes that now look worse than before you tared it.
Arkon, you really don't have much luck do you??
Old Oct 15th 2005, 12:10 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve G
Arkon, you really don't have much luck do you??
Just one of the many life experiences you get and learn from like the time I bought a £1000 Kirby cleaner! Most of the bad luck I've had was in my younger years when I had a pair of gills on my neck. Unfortunatly coming to Australia and effectively starting again has made my gills grow back!
Old Oct 15th 2005, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Just one of the many life experiences you get and learn from like the time I bought a £1000 Kirby cleaner! Most of the bad luck I've had was in my younger years when I had a pair of gills on my neck. Unfortunatly coming to Australia and effectively starting again has made my gills grow back!

Old Oct 15th 2005, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_Pride will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
I disagree - you don't see it in SE Asia.

And just to pre-empt, yes I know that SE Asia has its issues but you don't see youths hanging about on street corners drinking too much in Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei.

The quick reaction to this might be that you just can't compare Asia to Australia or the UK but I think that you can and you should.

England without a doubt is the worst country that I've ever visited or lived in for intimidating, aimless, bored youths.

Why is this?
You have not been to many country's then because i do not think england is the worse one for that,go to some parts of Germany or Denmark you will see teens and adults on the street with needles jacking up in broad day light and drinking them self's stupid ,same as the USA i have seen teens pissed out of there heads on street corners.You will find that Singapore and most SE Asia country's have very sticked rules about things like that and because the enforce them more than the UK Australia and the USA you do not see it but that is not to say it does not happen.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie_Pride
You have not been to many country's then because i do not think england is the worse one for that,go to some parts of Germany or Denmark you will see teens and adults on the street with needles jacking up in broad day light and drinking them self's stupid ,same as the USA i have seen teens pissed out of there heads on street corners.You will find that Singapore and most SE Asia country's have very sticked rules about things like that and because the enforce them more than the UK Australia and the USA you do not see it but that is not to say it does not happen.

But that's the point - you don't see it in other countries as much as you see it in the UK. And I'm not talking about drug abuse I'm talking about low level hanging around in the streets being obnoxious.

And countries - around 25 - so I have seen a few cities!

I'm not saying that these problems don't exist in other countries but from my experience they're not as prevalent as the UK.

Singapore has strict rules. Malaysia doesn't. Australia doesn't. Japan doesn't.
But all of these countries have - certainly in my view - less of a problem than the UK.
So I reckon in the UK it's about: A lack of law enforcement, A breakdown in family responsibilities (very strong in Malaysia and Japan) and lack of decent (usually sporting) alternatives.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 1:43 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah sorry, I wondered what a pikie was! A pikie = a 'gypo'.

I take back the nah etc.

OzTennis
pikie=wanabee gypsy takes caravan around various layby`s in and around godstone leaving shed loads of shit to clean up after em
http://www.virtuapikey.com/ enjoy

Last edited by wengerboy; Oct 15th 2005 at 1:49 am. Reason: link
Old Oct 15th 2005, 5:38 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wengerboy
pikie=wanabee gypsy takes caravan around various layby`s in and around godstone leaving shed loads of shit to clean up after em
http://www.virtuapikey.com/ enjoy

Follow your Gran back from the Post Office after picking up her pension, watch her go indoors, Knock Knock, hello we was working in the area an we noticed you got some tiles broken on your roof, we can fix them for 20 quid.
15 minutes later, that's all done then that'll be £500, You said £20, yeh £20 each tile. We had to fix 25. Pay or we'll take all your tiles off! That's pikeys.
Same for driveways, rubbish clearance anything. They also steal all the kid's bikes from the area, sell them in the next place. I hate Pikeys.

Slater
Old Oct 15th 2005, 8:06 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Slater
Follow your Gran back from the Post Office after picking up her pension, watch her go indoors, Knock Knock, hello we was working in the area an we noticed you got some tiles broken on your roof, we can fix them for 20 quid.
15 minutes later, that's all done then that'll be £500, You said £20, yeh £20 each tile. We had to fix 25. Pay or we'll take all your tiles off! That's pikeys.
Same for driveways, rubbish clearance anything. They also steal all the kid's bikes from the area, sell them in the next place. I hate Pikeys.

Slater
you`ll like this then
http://www.fashionablemale.moonfruit.com/pikey
Old Oct 15th 2005, 9:55 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Escape the teenage yobs

Easy, I was robbed a few times by pikies in Cardiff, not to mention the £300 they got from me to re tar the driveway with that special stolen tar that washes away within weeks and leaves big holes that now look worse than before you tared it.
Glad to know it's not just Australia, then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.