Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The equivalent of 'Sally' in the UK (hairdressing and beauty supplies shop)

The equivalent of 'Sally' in the UK (hairdressing and beauty supplies shop)

Old Feb 12th 2014, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

Kiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to behold
Default The equivalent of 'Sally' in the UK (hairdressing and beauty supplies shop)

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a shop like 'Sally'? in the UK? a beauty/hairdressing supplies shop where you can buy items at cost?

I googled Sally, but seems they're not out here, and really need some wax!
thanks
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The equivalent of 'Sally' in the UK (hairdressing and beauty supplies shop)

Originally Posted by Kiwi-Irish
Hi,
Can anyone suggest a shop like 'Sally'? in the UK? a beauty/hairdressing supplies shop where you can buy items at cost?

I googled Sally, but seems they're not out here, and really need some wax!
thanks
http://www.hairhousewarehouse.com.au/default.aspx

HTH
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Kiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to beholdKiwi-Irish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The equivalent of 'Sally' in the UK (hairdressing and beauty supplies shop)

Thank you
I can't see wax on the site but I've sent them an email
Regards!
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Thank you
I can't see wax on the site but I've sent them an email
Regards!
My local one def has waxing stuff - I was in there on the weekend.

Also try eBay
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Right awesome
What branch is your one? What suburb?
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Right awesome
What branch is your one? What suburb?
Melb Central
Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

Oh right, I'm in Sydney, stupidly forgot to mention where I was, but will find it here no-doubt
Thanks for your help
Old Feb 12th 2014, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sahairsupplies.com.au/
Old Feb 13th 2014, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

JillieBee, this place you recommended is the bom!
I bought wax, a wax pot, spatulas and a pair of scizzors. So I'm all sorted
Its perfect, just like the Sally shop.
Thanks a lot. Thanks to both of you
Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of

I used to use Aussie shampoo in uk, and now I live in oz I can't get it. Very ironic!
Old Feb 25th 2014, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Ahhh, you must! Keep trying!
Old Feb 25th 2014, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
I used to use Aussie shampoo in uk, and now I live in oz I can't get it. Very ironic!
Is that the "Aussie miracle" stuff? I used to use that too, but can't get it here, because it isn't actually made here!! It is, sadly, made in Weybridge, Surrey, using "Australian" ingredients like lemon myrtle and eucalypt. The "Aussie" is merely a trademark.