Hi Hi Any horsey peeps out there!!!!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

soupdragon is an unknown quantity at this point

ANY ONE?????
ANY ONE ATALL????
Old Jul 13th 2004, 7:09 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by soupdragon
ANY ONE?????
ANY ONE ATALL????
There are loads of them - the Aus ones just might be asleep at the moment.

Where are you heading and what is the horse question?

Cheers
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:31 pm

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Equestrianism

Hiya

Were not in oZ yet still waiting for visa

We all ride and my daughter has owned a horse for 6 years!

We've just sold him in preperation for OZ

She has lots of friends though and still can ride lots!

Nikki x
Old Jul 13th 2004, 11:21 pm
Banned

Ozzy4life will become famous soon enoughOzzy4life will become famous soon enough

Neigh

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Attached Thumbnails Equestrianism-horse.gif  
Old Jul 14th 2004, 12:07 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nikkers
Hiya

Were not in oZ yet still waiting for visa

We all ride and my daughter has owned a horse for 6 years!

We've just sold him in preperation for OZ

She has lots of friends though and still can ride lots!

Nikki x
Where are you headed.

Theres quite a few of us on here, did you want anything specific??
Old Jul 14th 2004, 12:13 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Talking Horsie!

Owners that look like their pets...
Attached Thumbnails Equestrianism-_1948219_princess_anne.jpg  
Old Jul 14th 2004, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

I gave my horse to my sister when we made the move out here. We are based South of Sydney as we have to be close to Bankstown. As far as I'm aware the horsey areas are all around Terrey Hills, there is some riding and agistment here but Its such a different thing going to a riding school than owning your own - In the national Park near us there dosnt seem to be horse access or bridleways like there was in the UK. - However I havent really researched it as weve only been here 2 weeks. Good luck
Old Jul 14th 2004, 6:19 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

Im a horsey person and Im still here at the mo and still have my own horse at the mo...I think when I do get out there i shall probably give it up...the reason...

The flies around horses must be hurrendous and the heat unbearable for riding purposes in the summer time which is longer than ours and much hotter..when I visited (WA) I did go riding and it appears the grass isnt really horse eating grass as such and they were feeding what looked to me like sawdust stuff in big barrels instead...all year round...expensive horse keep...I dont know I just thought that riding would not be so appealing out there and certainly not ownership...I shall probably ride in and out in cooler months but hire a horse and get into watersport that I also like instead.

And the other thing the native horse out there(of which most horses seemed to be) are quite ugly and all look exactly the same to me somehow

Just my ten penneth and I do stand to be corrected (hopefully) it was just my brief observation..
Old Jul 14th 2004, 8:05 am
joveazey

Hi,

I am a horsey peep ! Don't have any now but used to be an International travelling groom for a showjumper. I think I might think about getting some nags when we get to Perth if we can find a house with some land and stables. Does anyone know how livery works out there - could I make a living from it ??

Jo

Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:29 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by joveazey
. Does anyone know how livery works out there - could I make a living from it ??

Jo
Its called adjistment and you can have DIY of full board.

Here in Vic its about $25 per week for private paddock.
$2 per feed
$2 per rug (with feed)
Old Jul 14th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We had 5 horses in the Uk, and moved out here in October.

We have just bought 5 acres of land out in Pinjarra and hope to start building next year.

We have bought our first Pony over here 2 weeks ago for my daughter. An Arab/quarter horse. 14.2. 3 and 1/2 years old.
Lovely to get back with the horses.

There is plenty of riding or as they say 'trail riding' here, but the winter months are the best as it is a lot cooler, less flies, and no worries about snakes, as they tend ti hibernate under logs etc in the winter months.

If you want to know anything, I will talk horses all day.

Whisky
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:01 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by hevs
Where are you headed.

Theres quite a few of us on here, did you want anything specific??

Hi Hevs

Thanks for the offer of Info I will ask away when we get to OZ and are settled.

I was just responding to Soupdragon's thread of any horsey peeps out there?

I'm looking forward to a nice ride along a beach

We're off to Brisbane hopefully early Jan

Nikki x
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Hi, we live in the Hills District in North/west Sydney. In Dural to be exact and it is very horsey around here!! we have been here 2 and a half years and I sold my horse in the UK just before we left and I bought a very nice Aussie stock horse this time last year. I keep mine in agistment (livery) and he is out all the time in a shared paddock with 6 other horses. It costs me $100 per week, that includes everything (not shoes or worming though). all I have to do is go and ride whenever I want. they have all the facilities, big arena, cross country course, showjumps, trail rides, wash bays etc. There are some great places around here to keep horses, although everywhere is like a dust bowl at the moment due to lack of rain!! There is a lack of places to ride, no bridle paths through country parks like in the UK, and the main roads here are worse than in the UK although they do have wide verges. The place where I keep my horse is down a quiet dead end road with various dead end lanes leading off it so there are plenty of places to ride. Also, about 10 mins from where I keep my horse (by trailer) there is a national park which has riding tracks and is very nice. Aparantly (I've not done it though) you can ride along fire trails although 4 wheel drives, dirt bikes etc also use these. My daughter takes my horse to the local pony club which is very active and I can use their grounds whenever I want, there are various adult riding and jumping clubs around, which are no where near as 'snobby' as the clubs in the UK, and you don't have to get all dressed up to compete either. All in all the horsey scene around here is much more relaxed and most horses are kept out all year round so the horses seem to be more relaxed too. The only gripe I have is the lack of quality tack available. You either get very expensive but good gear or cheap but really crap gear, there is nothing in between and there is a definate lack of choice. Saddles tend to be Wintec or Wintec!! Although I guess this is down to the difference in population and demand. But when I go back to the UK for a holiday I'm going to buy myself a decent bridle and bring it back with me!! The $80 bridle I bought last year only lasted me a year, I've ended up buying two new nosebands and a new pair of reins in that year due to wear!! I know $80 is cheap in comparison but I remember buying a decent bridle in the UK for 30 pounds about 6 years ago and its still going strong!! Anyway, I've rambled on enough, feel free to ask me any questions on the aussie horsey scene, I'll try to answer them.
I've attached a pic of my daughter all ready for her pony club rally day on my lovely aussie stock horse!
Mandy
Attached Thumbnails Equestrianism-jennifer-pony-club.jpg  
Old Jul 14th 2004, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

I meant to add that I rode all through the summer with no problems with flies, apart from when I rode through a field of cows!! But i do tend to spray Aeroguard on me and the horse before we go out for a ride!! heat was ok too, you just get used to it.

Mandy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.